- Frazer Jones
- City of London, London
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a HR Employee Relations Advisor to join the wider Global Human Resources team based in London.
The primary function of the role is to manage core ER processes, ensuring accurate and timely service delivery. Advisors are required to have an in-depth knowledge of the key processes, take ownership for continuous improvement in those processes, and highlight any requirements for management education where trends are identified.
The role also supports the disciplinary and grievance processes, therefore providing the opportunity for growth and development within the broader ER function.
- Support managers through the performance improvement process, providing advice on methods to improve performance in a targeted timeframe, in order to achieve and sustain desired improvements. This will include understanding the issues with the manager, providing advice on short term performance improvement methods for employees to achieve the required standards, advising on the preparation of a PIP and review processes, as well as how to conduct the meeting. Provide support and guidance to managers through the formal warning process, from commencement to completion
- Support the LOB with handling redundancies: assist in completion of the due diligence with managers, hold meetings with employees and managers, discuss the terms of Settlement Agreements, and follow up on questions from employee through to closure, with guidance from Legal where necessary
- Flexible Working Requests: meet with the manager and employee to understand the nature of the request and the LOBs ability to accommodate the request, consider feasibility of the request and advise manager of the process to be followed in considering the request, facilitate a meeting with the employee and manager within the required timeframe, document a decision letter either accepting the new terms, proposing a trial period, or giving reasons for declining the request, and manage the appeals process where necessary
- Sickness Absence Management: review absence data, follow up with manager/employee on cases, liaise with Occupational Health on referrals, manage Group Income Protection claims, advise managers on necessary action, assist employees with return to work
- Ensure that any Data Subject Access Requests are completed on time and to the required standard by all parties (working with Case Managers to retrieve data and correspond with employee and liaison with Legal partners)
- Support ER colleagues by managing disciplinary and grievance cases through to closure for routine cases. This requires full knowledge and understanding of the banks disciplinary and grievance processes and the legal framework governing such processes. Assist with investigation preparation and observe meetings for more complex disciplinary and grievance cases
- Handle regulatory exam failure cases under the disciplinary procedure, conduct investigations, provide advice to Hearing Managers, facilitate the hearing, draft warning letters, follow-up with managers, manage the dismissal process where necessary (with guidance from Legal), and handle appeals
- Provide policy and process guidance and general ER advice to managers and employees in a professional manner. ER advice will include complex and sensitive issues as well routine policy and process questions, typically around performance improvement processes, occupational health, lateness, and sickness absence
- Support HR Country Managers across locations in EMEA with ER issues such as performance management, grievances, policy violations and informal dispute resolution
- Identify trends from issues being raised and create solutions to resolve them
- Participate in ER/HR projects as well as policy updates as required
Preferred Requirements for the Role:
- Previous experience handling performance management, flexible working, redundancies, occupational health and long-term disability cases, HR investigations, routine disciplinaries and grievances within an ER function for a large financial institution.
- Previous experience working with and advising senior managers in all employee relations matters in a large financial institution.
- Working knowledge of the UK Immigration system and impacts on redundancy, career break and Sabbatical requests.
- An understanding of the various component parts of HR and their function to ensure that queries are handled by the appropriate team in a highly matrixed environment.
- Technical and functional expertise in employment law, HR policy and process.
- CIPD qualified/part qualified and good working knowledge of UK Employment Law.
For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.