Employment Relations Advisor
- Asda House - Leeds, Britannia House - Leeds
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Employee Relations, Employment Law, HR Adviser, HR Generalist, HR Officer
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Contract type
*Hybrid Working / Company Bonus / 10% Colleague Discount*
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Asda's Advice & Guidance Service is established already for our Head office functions supporting our managers. Having completed a successful pilot for our retail store network, we will now be extending this service to all Retail Managers across our 600+ store network.
We have a welcoming, supportive, and trusting culture, where collaboration is key. You will have a chance to develop your career and make a positive impact in a business that always puts colleagues at the heart of its strategy.
As an ER Advisor acting as the first point of contact, you will be responsible for liaising with line managers across the business to champion providing best in class advice and contribute on all lower-risk ER cases/ matters - including but not exclusive to attendance, AWOL, investigations, disciplinary, performance and capability. As well as dealing with general people policy queries in accordance with our company policy, procedures in line with employment law.
Some of your key focuses
- Coach and assist line managers providing quality, consistent and accurate ER advice to enable them to successfully manage ER issues within agreed timescales, and flagging any potential risk to the business
- Provide where required accurate and timely correspondence to assist line managers to comply with policy and processes relating to ER matters
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of all interaction within the ER case management systems
- Work closely with ER Advisors, ER Case Management Specialists and ER Admin within the Advice and Guidance team to assess and triage queries / cases which are of a more complex nature and require case management support
- Maintain personal knowledge of Asda people policies and employment legislation to advise correctly ensuring policies are adhered to
- Build line manager relationships to adapt advice pragmatically to the business needs
- Deliver a high standard of customer service in line with our Service Level Agreements
- CIPD (Level 5) or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of providing HR process advice in a previous HR Generalist/ administration/assistant shared services role
- Understanding of employment policies, processes, and practices and an up-to-date awareness of external case trends and employee relations methodology
- Ability to coach and where required challenge and influence line managers where necessary, to resolve ER cases whilst providing excellent customer service
Work Where it Works
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you are the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team.
Some Benefits Include
- Discretionary company bonus
- A company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount + Free onsite parking
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.