HR Business Partner
Based at our Group Office at Badshot Lea, Farnham
Who we are looking for:
The successful applicant will have a strong generalist background and be CIPD qualified. You will have previous experience in retail and will be comfortable working in a multisite role. You will work within a team of 4 HR and Payroll Administrators.
- Hold a CIPD Level 7 or equivalent qualification
- Proven HR and Training experience
- Good understanding of employment law and it's practical implementation in a commercial environment
- Good use of initiative and common-sense approach
- Ability to work at pace
- Ability to encourage and motivate people
- Ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- Experience of designing and delivering training
- Excellent excel and PowerPoint capability
- Ability to manage sensitive situations
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive and engaging in your approach
- Effective negotiating skills
- Experience of using Ceridian/Dayforce HR and Payroll system advantageous
What you will do:
Working closely with the HR Manager you will ensure our employees develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively and deliver the highest standards of customer service and product knowledge. This will involve designing and coordinating training to cover both the Company’s current and future needs. You will also provide clear, accurate and timely advice on the use of the disciplinary, grievance and other employment legislation, to our centre management teams.
- Contribute to the HR strategy and be involved in all aspects of HR
- Identify training needs from annual performance reviews
- Create an annual training programme
- Manage a training budget
- Produce materials for in-house training
- Evaluate the success of both individual training and the overall programme
- Manage employee survey process
- Manage Performance Management Programme
- Manage Company recruitment process
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Jo Ripley, HR Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Squire’s is an expanding family-owned group of 16 garden centres located in the West London/Surrey area, with 900 employees. We have a vacancy for an HR and Training Coordinator in our HR Department, to support the HR Manager and strengthen the HR/Payroll Team.
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development - You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.