Senior ER Specialist - International
- Frazer Jones
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Retail / Wholesale / Fashion
- Contract type
I have an exciting new opportunity working for a well-known online fashion/lifestyle business and I am looking for a Senior ER Specialist - International.
The purpose of this role is to support the People Relations team in providing specialist ER advice and guidance across the business.
A focus for this role will be on the development of policies and fact sheets for our International areas including Germany, USA, and Turkey.
The role will also assist with the implementation of policies and associated training for our developing Tech Hub in Northern Ireland. You'll be someone who has great case management experience, a good understanding of UK employment law, but also has experience of developing policies and/ or case management within EMEA territories.
You'll enjoy coaching others and be keen to assist the development of our People Relations Advisors. As a member of the People Relations team in PX, this role will work closely with our People Relations Specialists and Advisors to manage employee relations, ensuring a fair and consistent approach to all employees policies and ways of working. This role will be working in a fast paced, commercial environment, where change is constant, and flexibility is vital for success.
The People Experience Team (HR Team) are a bunch of talented HR professionals who love and thrive in working with creative, commercial and challenging client groups. Most businesses have some kind of HR presence but to get the opportunity to be part of a proactive team in a successful global company.; well, those chances don't come along very often.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on all Employee relations matters and processes for our International employees.
- Working as the subject matter expert on International employment law, proactively keeping up to date with legislative changes and developments whilst ensuring all people guidelines and procedures are amended accordingly.
- Supporting the People Relations Partner in providing expert advice and guidance to the People Relations Team and wider business on all ER matters, identifying strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities from a commercial and People Experience perspective.
- Supporting the People Relations Partner in the management of the employment legal budget, ensuring self-service and internal resources utilised before seeking external legal advice.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of each area of the business and develop and maintain trusted partnerships and relationships with leaders and managers in the business to promote good employee relations across the organisation.
- Acting as an escalation point for PX Advisers and wider Partnering, upskilling and coaching a team of PX Advisors through complex UK ER cases and International cases where appropriate. Coaching and Developing the PX Advisors to be able to handle increasingly complex and diverse cases.
- Guiding Managers through employee relations cases in real time, intervening and steering in the appropriate direction taking account of company policies, employment law, best practice and precedent.
- Partnering closely with PX Partners and collaborating effectively with centres of excellence.
- Collating, analysing, and reviewing ER data in reports to underpin a proactive commercially focused HR service.
- Making recommendations for improving ER service delivery and support the People Relations Partner with the delivery of Employee Relations projects and initiatives.
- Be an ambassador for the People Relations team.
We'd love to meet, someone with
- In depth understanding and empathy in working across cultures. Inclusive style that seeks to support local dynamics for our International territories into the Global culture.
- Specialist, in-depth knowledge, understanding and proficient in the practical application of Employment Law.
- Experience of handling and advising on complex cases, including Tribunals, TUPE and Organisational Change
- Experience of multi-national Employment Law ideally Europe and US
- Experience in building trusted and constructive relationships with leadership teams, able to confidently challenge and influence
- A commercial mindset, who balances both business needs and best practice
- A collaborative approach who works for the success of the wider team.
- Deals with confidential information with tact and diplomacy, 100% discreet
- Confident communicator, comfortable communicating with employees at all levels
- Able to manage own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or dealing with challenging situations
- Excellent organisational skills, always meeting deadlines
- Happy to deal with ambiguity, fluid situations and changing deadlines
- Able to balance priorities with the ability to handle the day to day workload as well as project support
- Proactive approach to understanding ASOS and the areas you support
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount
If this sounds like you please apply below or send your updated CV to leonwenham@Frazerjones.com
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.