Interim Senior Project Manager
- Frazer Jones
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £80000 per annum
- Change Management
- Job Level
- Professional Services
- Contract type
The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in supporting the teams delivering projects under the Firm Strategy. The role primarily focuses on the 'Process' side of project delivery, leveraging individuals' experience in delivering projects in a complex matrix environment, through the use of good project management techniques, in particular, agile methodologies. To coach, organise, facilitate and help the project teams deliver their projects using relevant tools and processes available to the organization. The projects you will primarily be supporting are those executing the Firm's Strategy but in some cases, projects may focus on legal, statutory, core business improvements, and changes that are required to meet BAU requirements.
The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in supporting the delivery of the Firm Strategy and some key projects within the business. The role primarily focuses on the 'Process' side of project delivery, leveraging individuals' experience in delivering projects in a complex matrix environment through 'best practice' project management techniques, particularly agile methodologies. Successful individuals will play an essential role in providing guidance, coaching, mentoring and direction to the Project Leads to keep project delivery on track.
The Senior Project Manager will have a key partnership role with Project Leads, who are accountable for delivering the 'content' of projects. The Project Leads have the technical and business knowledge but require guidance and support in executing project management methodologies, tools and standards. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner, frequently liaising with other parts of the business.
The Firm has recently reviewed its strategic direction and has developed an exciting new strategy - focused on delivering a clear future vision. A Transformation Management Office (TMO) has been established to support the implementation of the Strategy and build the Firm's Change Management capability, this role sits in the TMO initially. A Project Management Office (PMO) will also be established at a later stage. The TMO focuses on firm-wide projects directly related to delivering the strategic areas of the Strategy. There will also be other projects that align with the Strategy within the business that form part of BAU; these projects will form part of the project portfolio of the PMO once it's established. Several Senior Project Managers are being recruited as the Transformation Programme has 20 plus projects requiring support. Additionally, until the PMO is established, support will be given to select projects within the business.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not an exhaustive list)
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- * Facilitate the project team to organise and plan project tasks and schedules
- * Facilitate project management skills development of project team members
- Run regular project meetings/stand-ups, flagging any issues/risks to the Project Sponsor/Steering Group
- Manage projects in accordance with the Project Office standards
- Create presentations and reports to communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
- * Stay aware of firm goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully
- Assist Project Lead (product owner) in allocating work to team members based on skills and expertise
- Optimise project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting
- Work with project teams to develop business case, cost estimates and project plans
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile or waterfall methodologies including 6+ years of experience as a Project Manager / Delivery Manager managing large, complex projects with multi-function teams
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, time management and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- PMP / PRINCE2 qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ideally a proficiency in project management tools and software such as Trello, MSTeams, Smartsheets, HighQ Competencies required
- Attention to detail
- Delivery focused
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.