Senior Manager - Talent Development - 12 month Mat cover
- Frazer Jones
- City of London, London
- £85000 - £105000 per annum
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Contract type
I'm pleased to share that we are currently working with a global Professional Services firm in the search for their Talent Development, Senior Manager. 12 month Maternity cover contract.
The specific populations and programmes that the job holder is responsible for is subject to change over time as priorities evolve and work split is agreed between the team. At the current time, the planned main focus and responsibility is the leadership and business skills development for our global Business Teams (including LPAs) at all levels. There is the opportunity to contribute to other programmes for their lawyers and work with other members of the team on facilitation, delivery and observations. The firm is continually reviewing its T&D offering and part of your role will be initiate reviews and refreshes of the programmes that we currently have and/or that we should have, and includes integrating a more blended learning approach and successfully establishing our new learning platform.
The role involves influencing the business to 'buy-in' to the programmes, working with global colleagues to deliver programmes around the network. It also involves advising colleagues about the programmes and development issues more generally and working closely with the business on bespoke learning required which falls outside of the standard programmes and learning. There is also ad-hoc and project work to contribute to and responsibility for reporting and budgeting.
Role and responsibilities
To work closely with the Business Teams to define training needs and the content of core programmes and to propose and agree overall approach to any agreed development programmes and workshops globally.
- To ensure that programmes have defined learning objectives, that the style and structure of sessions and the flow of learning appropriately meets these, that programmes employ effective techniques and to leverage our learning platform to deliver a blended approach maximises learning
- To source and curate e-learning content that learners can access on demand, ensuring this is high quality, refreshed and relevant for learners
- To promote the use of the new learning platform so that utilisation is high and learning benefits are maximised
- To deliver selected programmes and sessions, either virtually or in-person
- To build and manage relationships across the global network with key stakeholders and line colleagues to ensure that needs are understood and to cover key information on learning, programmes and new developments. This is to build understanding of how learning supports development in a broader context and ensure training is delivering high quality skill development
- To add to, refresh and update learning as necessary to ensure continuous improvement and to reflect changing priorities and in response to feedback
- To project manage the delivery of programmes, managing the relationship with relevant members of the Training Events team to ensure the effective organisation, delivery and follow up of all programmes
- To identify and select training providers who have expertise that meets the particular requirements of a programme(s). To manage our on-going relationships with training providers to ensure they are providing the highest quality of training
- To work with internal experts to develop content and/or run sessions on programmes
- To create and maintain key documents, frameworks, materials and intranet sites as required. To manage key systems, intranet and databases that support consistent global standards of delivery of training and compliance
- To deliver value for money on all programmes and set and manage the budget to achieve this. To match demand to supply and ensure the appropriate number of programmes are delivered where and when required
What we are looking for;
- Candidates must have substantial previous T&D experience and a track record of working to design and implement successful development programmes (including at a senior level) and be experienced in delivering skills training programmes.
- Of particular interest is experience within the professional services sector (including law firms). Candidates need to be client focused and demonstrate understanding of the business context including aligning training to business priorities and strategy. They need to be credible with senior management and adept at managing a range of stakeholders.
- Designing and implementing skills and leadership programmes (including at a senior level) and implementing changes to existing programmes
- Experienced trainer and facilitator who can deliver a range of skills programmes / sessions
- Working at all levels within the organisation and managing different expectations - Excellent influencing skills, good communicator - Ability to build relationships and credibility and have impact at a senior level
- Attention to detail
- Managing several different projects at any one time
- Experience of presenting to and facilitating groups
- Ideally trained to use psychometrics such as MBTI
- Experience of coaching (coaching accreditation desirable) and mentoring
- Build strong relationships internally and with external providers
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.