Our client is a professional services organisation (engineering) with a new ownership structure in place. This is the start of a different era and an exciting time of reinvention. The leadership team are ambitious and very positive about their future growth opportunities.
This is a newly created position and will support the company’s ambition to maximise potential and to grow as a learning organisation. This person will be responsible for leading and delivering a progressive Learning Strategy and will also help to shape a performance culture that strives for continuous improvement. The individual will work as an integral partner and will engage with senior leaders across the business.
The scope of this position is wide and the successful candidate will also support the People Director with the on-going development of the People Strategy.
- To develop and implement a Learning and Performance Strategy that enables individuals and teams to maximise their potential as part of a learning organisation framework.
- Develop and deliver the Succession Strategy in order to align with the talent review and performance management process.
- Develop and deliver initiatives that support the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
- Develop career pathways and development programmes for all talent including graduate apprentices.
- Work closely with the People Director to refine the People Strategy to better reflect goals and strategy.
Qualities & Experience
- A confident and successful L&D professional with a track record in leading on the launch and delivery of a wide range of learning initiatives across multiple, professional functions.
- Actively involved in addressing culture change challenges in an organisation and can demonstrate ‘how’ that led to a successful set of outcomes.
- Operationally astute and knowledgeable. Keen to get ‘close to the action’ and not be desk-bound.
- Able to strike a good balance between strategic thought leadership and operational delivery. Able to adjust their communication style accordingly.
- Possess the gravitas to engage with and foster relationships with sometimes demanding and stretching stakeholders with diverse opinions and views.
- Able to coach and mentor senior executives as and when needed and be seen as a trusted confidante.
- An innovative thinker and able to lead from the front. Not swayed or deflected from the agreed path and able to get results through high energy, engagement and exceptional influencing skills.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Trained in psychometric assessment instruments.
In the first instance, please apply by email and forward your CV and current salary details via Apply here on Changeboard.
Ref: L&P. Decisions for Growth - Executive Search Specialists.