Head of Talent Acquisition
- Decisions For Growth
- Surrey (flexible/remote working)
- Base up to £85k + Car Allowance
- Recruitment & Resourcing, Head of Resourcing, Head of Talent Acquisition
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Our client is a professional services organisation (engineering) with a new ownership structure in place. This is the start of a different era and an exciting time of reinvention. The leadership team are ambitious and very positive about their future growth opportunities.
This newly created position will report to the People Director and will be responsible for leading and delivering a Talent Sourcing Strategy that will support organisational growth. This person will work as an integral partner in the business and will engage with senior leaders as their TA expert. The scope of this position is wide and will cover all areas of talent (internal and external).
- Develop and implement a Talent Sourcing Strategy including defining sourcing processes e.g. channels, standards and KPI’s. Set out a compelling business case to senior executives to take the talent agenda to the next level, incorporating progressive thinking linked to clear cost-benefits for change.
- Partner with the Head of Learning to develop and implement a robust succession management process. Identify the talent gaps and evolve comprehensive action plans to move forward.
- Lead on senior talent appointments and engage, where appropriate, with third party suppliers. Be a source of guidance and insight regarding the shaping and positioning of roles as they relate to the business and the external community.
- Achieve a step-change in shifting talent management within the organisation from being predominantly reactionary to a proactive service that is about future proofing its talent needs.
- Develop clear sourcing options at every level to include graduate recruitment, apprenticeships and trainee schemes.
- Foster mutually productive relationships with the best external providers and ensure the employer brand is positioned in the best way possible.
- Be ahead of the curve by focusing on the future and emerging trends/patterns both within and external to the business.
Qualities & Experience
- A seasoned and proven TA professional with a track record in designing and delivering a comprehensive Talent Strategy within a demanding business environment.
- Accustomed to operating at the sharp end at every level and genuinely passionate about the operational aspects of a business.
- Experience of working with technical and professional colleagues and empathetic of the pressures brought about by a project culture with often demanding clients.
- It would be an advantage to already have experience across the wider, internal talent and succession planning agenda.
- Actively involved in addressing culture change challenges in an organisation and can demonstrate ‘how’ that led to a successful set of outcomes.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Trained in psychometric assessment instruments.
In the first instance, please apply by email and forward your CV and current salary details via Apply here on Changeboard.
Ref: TA. Decisions for Growth - Executive Search Specialists