Director of People & Place
- Intellectual Property Office
- Flex location - hybrid working - 2 days p/w at HQ
- Competitive Salary
- HR Director, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Hybrid working but with the expectation of an average of 2 days a week at HQ
The IPO is a growing organisation at an exciting stage in its development. This role, as a key member of the IPO Board, will have a critical function to play in helping drive forward the IPO’s ambitious strategy and its role in supporting the UK to build back better and level up. The Director of People & Place reports to the CEO, and will be responsible for all HR, OD and Estates, overseeing how the IPO works and where they work to support significant future growth. The role leads a team of 145 staff and an annual budget of over £20 million.
- You will be leading a strong team enhancing the IPO’s people, culture and place foundations.
- You will work with Board colleagues to build the IPO’s organisational capability, ensuring we have the people and skills for future growth.
- You will lead our work ensuring the organisation is able to flex its resourcing model and respond to customer demand, ensuring effective and efficient use of the estate, including hybrid working.
- You will build on the culture that supports our change journey (with emphasis on engagement and values).
- You will further embed equality, diversity & inclusion (ED&I) throughout the organisation to support innovation, levelling up and business growth throughout the UK.
IPO seeks individuals with drive, energy, innovative ideas in the culture and people space as well as an inclusive approach to leadership.
Ideally you will be someone with:
- Proven experience in leading a large people function, shaping its direction, performance, capacity, culture, values and goals.
- A strategic people leader, with evidence of successful delivery and change across all aspects of people management and the ability to develop and sustain the diversity, capability and skills needed to deliver IPO’s long term aims.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with experience of inspiring and empowering diverse teams and enhancing engagement.
- A role model for IPO’s values.
- An effective influencer with credibility and the ability to inspire trust and confidence in stakeholders.
The IPO welcomes candidate applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The closing date is 12pm on Monday 22nd November.
For further information please click on this link www.odgers.com/84183 or call our Odgers Wales team: Jemma Terry or Steffan Griffiths for a confidential conversation on 02920 783 050 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be acknowledged.