Interim Human Resources Partner (Projects)
- Aldridge Education
- Moorgate, London
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
- Contract, Interim
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Contract type: Fixed Term 9 months (with potential extension to 12)
Location: London and Remote working
Salary: £60,000 pro-rata
Basis: Full time
A fantastic new interim opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Partner to join a small but expanding HR team in implementing HR initiatives.
This role will be predominately homebased but will require weekly attendance at the central office in Moorgate, London to work with the Chief People Officer and may require occasional travel to Brighton and Darwen dependant on the needs of the business.
Successful candidates for this role must have a full generalist background coupled with substantial experience of working on multiple HR projects at an operational level. Policy development, experience of working with trade unions, change management and a strong employee relations background are all a pre-requisite of this role. Individuals must be able to work with limited supervision.
This post will suit HR professionals with extensive experience in policy development and contributing and implementing projects. This is an operational assignment so a ‘hands on’ approach to HR and the ability to work outside of policy and procedure will be most effective.
A dedicated HR partner will act as in school lead on each of the projects in scope but please note there will be no administrative support with this assignment.
- To support the CPO in the development and implementation of national initiatives.
- As allocated by the CPO, research and document existing policies in operation across the 8 schools identifying contractual and non-contractual policies impact of TUPE transfer etc
- Assisting in the development of policy content
- Drafting and revising of allocated policies
- Attendance at trade union policy consultation meetings/minuting and noting changes
- Central contact for policy feedback from the trade unions
Project Work -Support on the implementation of a National Recruitment Strategy
Undertake elements of research to implement the above working collaboratively with the HR partners.
- Work with the HR Partners to undertake a review of current practice at each of the Trusts 8 schools
- Investigate appropriate charters
- Develop a preferred supplier listing
- Investigate the feasibility of national recruitment campaigns
- Day to day supervision and overall responsibility for work allocation of new and more experienced staff, HR advisors and HR Administrators (note this staff are based nationally and will require occasional face to face contact)
Pay and Reward
- Ensure that all staff within the 8 schools and central team have a job description
- Support the undertaking of a job evaluation exercise in conjunction with an external provider
- Support on the development of Training Material
- Must have worked within the education sector (MAT experience desirable)
- Previous experience of drafting policies
- Familiar with trade union consultation
- Drafting of HR documentation to business level specification
- Comprehensive experience and use of Microsoft Office.
- Broad generalist HR experience with strong influencing skills.
- Willingness to work operationally whilst demonstrating the ability to think strategically.
- Ability to operate in a consultative manner.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to prioritise and organise multiple projects.
- Evidence of solid understanding of employment law.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the education sector.
- Minimum English and Maths GCSE level 5 or equivalent
- Minimum CIPD level 5 with substantial experience in the areas stated or equivalent
Aldridge Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This post is therefore subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS disclosure, a full career history and two strong and personally addressed references from recent employers, of which one must be your most recent employer. Candidates should declare upon application any cautions, warnings or convictions held.
Aldridge Education is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Dependant on the current status of the pandemic interviews may be held over Microsoft Teams.
Individuals will be subject to selection exercises which may include a presentation and competence testing