L&D Manager - People Development
- Frazer Jones
- Reading, Berkshire
- £45000 - £53000 per annum + good benefits
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Professional Services
- Contract type
Learning and Development / People Development Manager. Reading based with an agile approach. £45,000 - £53,000 + good benefits
Working for a Professional Services firm in the Reading area, this organisation is looking to hire an L&D, / People Development Manager who can come in and really drive the development programmes of its employees forward. You will deliver some training but ultimately will make sure each employee has and knows what their career and learning path looks like, as well as deliver projects working with the wider L&D, HR and other departments around learning and development
In this role you will be able to work flexibly, with a mixture of in office / from home and also occasional travel to other UK offices on occasions.
- Support the people development strategy and implement across the business on a national level
- Manage the people development operations team of 2-3 and ensure they have guidance on delivery and are efficiently running programmes, managing tasks completed to timescales
- Develop a culture where all employees are aware of their own career path and know what their future career prospects are in the company.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the business
- Deliver training as well as look at developing programmes such as mentoring and implementation of a new LMS
- Improve on and adapt certain training areas where needed
- Use MI and data to recommend commercial decisions around learning programmes in the business.
- Challenge areas that need development and offer alternative suggestions and innovative initiatives.
Skills and experience
- A proven background in people development / learning and development
- Ability to not only deliver training but also to understand the employee lifecycle and how you can add value to that cycle from a learning perspective.
- You will be a strong relationship builder, and it would be desirable (but not essential) if you have managed a team previously.
- CIPD Level 7 qualified or equivalent, as well as any relevant learning / training qualifications
- Strong organisational skills
- You will ideally have worked in a Professional Services firm previously, however this is not essential
To be considered for the role, please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.