Purpose of Role:
Becoming a World Championship contending race team again starts with becoming a World Championship contending employer.
The Talent Management Business Partner is a newly created role supporting the development of an exciting and progressive programme of activity that will inspire young people into a career within motorsports as well as developing, progress and retain our best and brightest talent.
This hands-on role will give the successful applicant the exciting opportunity to lead on a range of high-profile career development and social enterprise programmes to advance our team’s diversity, equality and inclusion agenda. This sits part of our broader sustainability programme to drive meaningful change for McLaren Racing as an employer, and F1 as a sport and industry.
Creativity, a proactive can-do attitude and the ability to engage and excite are key. Based in Woking at the McLaren Technology Centre, this role will report to the Director, People Experience.
- Design and deliver best-in-class career development programmes and experiences, including:
- Graduate schemes: developing high quality graduate programmes to attract, develop and accelerate our future leaders
- Apprenticeships: developing more expansive programmes across all functions, focused on the future skills we’ll need, not traditional skills. It will maximise the levy and government incentives whilst building our future capabilities with quality academic partners.
- Career Development: creating inspiring internal programmes that support our people take ownership of their careers; enhance the skills we need today and develop new skills for the future, maximise their strengths, and broaden their experience.
- Internships and Work Experience: creating exciting and inspiring opportunities to a broader cross section of society to showcase the wide range of careers available at McLaren Racing and within motorsports
- Partner: working with our sponsors and partners to create exciting joint ventures that add value to our early talent and career development programmes
- Work in partnership with McLaren Racing Engage, our Social Enterprise collaboration, to invest in the mid to long-term pipeline for McLaren Racing and ensure Motorsport is seen as a viable career choice for younger people
- Promote STEM and motorsports as an accessible vocation to under-represented and under-privileged groups
- Work collaboratively across the People & Culture team to develop solutions for every touchpoint in the employee journey from attracting talent, onboarding new people, developing our workforce, delivering performance, talent and succession planning and enabling career progression
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Operating in a matrixed organisation within the engineering or technology sector
- Scoping and delivering best in class early careers and career development programmes
- Building deep partnerships with academic institutions
- Designing and delivering internal and external DE&I initiatives
- Proactive mindset for continuous improvement and proven ability to switch between big picture and attention to detail
- Confident team player, who can also work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate emotional resilience and intelligence in the face of competing demands and conflict
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Demonstrate creativity and be full of ideas.
Our Core Values:
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation
More search results
Human Resources Co-Ordinator
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Head of Organisational Development and Learning
Houses of Parliament Restoration & Renewal
Head of Organisational Development
Head of Human Resources and Organisational Develo…
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Talent Acquisition Consultant - 6 month contract …