HR Operations Manager
The HR department is responsible for the delivery of a range of initiatives that attract, retain, develop and engage the people we need to further our success. As a HR Operations Manager, you will play a key role in the delivery of a highly efficient HR service to meet the needs of the business. At NPL, we touch ordinary lives in extraordinary ways, and you could too.
Reporting to the HR Reward Business Partner, and collaborating with the wider HR team, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining HR policies and processes, managing HR systems and databases, designing HR metrics and providing insights as well as working on large continuous improvement (CI) projects. The role supports the HR team with transformation, continuous improvement and implementation and execution of the HR strategic priorities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the delivery of an efficient and effective end to end HR Operations service
- Lead the HR Operations team, ensuring alignment to change whilst encouraging contributions from the team to provide ideas and input
- Support the implementation of the new HRIS
- Develop and continuously improve a data management process to enable leadership to make informed strategic decisions and monitor impact of targeted initiatives
- Maintain up to date content of HR policies, processes, and procedures
- Lead on HR compliance, including audits, GDPR, visa sponsor license
- Collaborate closely with the payroll function to ensure accurate and timely delivery
- Delivering projects, initiatives and promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong people management skills and be adept at organising your own as well as your team’s workload and adapting to priority change
- Proven record of continues improvement and change management
- A good understanding of data protection and GDPR legislation as well as the UK immigration system and sponsor duties
- Experience in HR metrics and driving insight
- Previous payroll management experience is an advantage
- You will be a positive leader, skilled in building relationships at all levels with an ability to deliver at pace and make things happen
Please note: Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted throughout the duration of this advert therefore we may at any time bring the closing date forward. We encourage all interested applicants to apply as soon as practical.
We’re transforming. As a national laboratory, we’re exploring even more commercial routes to market and that’s presenting us with greater opportunity – for you and us. Our success relies on the diversity and talent of our people, we strive to nurture and respect individuals to ensure everyone feels valued and supported to excel in their chosen field. This value is at the core of our organisation.
We believe in a culture of fairness by treating everyone on the basis of their own individual merits and abilities regardless of their own or perceived identity, background or any other factor irrelevant to a person’s work. At NPL we are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Flexible working and social activities are embedded in our culture to create a positive work-life balance, along with a broad range of benefits. NPL’s values are at the heart of what we do and they shape the way we interact, develop our people and celebrate success.
As part of our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we signed up to the Institute of Physics' Project Juno in 2015 as a Juno Supporter. NPL were proud to be awarded Juno Practitioner status in 2018. NPL also joined Stonewall as a Diversity champion in 2015, participating in their annual Workplace Equality Index for the equality of LGBT+ community at NPL. In 2018, NPL became a member of the Business Disability Forum and joined the disability confident scheme as level 1 committed employer.
To ensure everyone has an equal chance, we’re always willing to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss, please contact us.