Local Change Manager - CT Policing National Counter Terrorism Security Office
Deliver change that secures the nation
These uniquely challenging times, call for new and innovative approaches to continue keeping the public and the country safe. As we move away from the old Crowded Places Model, to a new broader approach of Protecting Publicly Accessible Locations (PALs), the scope of our requirements has grown and transformed. We need to design and deliver a new wider approach to security, covering key strands across the Government and the Public Sector – while supporting the emerging Protect Duty legislation that is being considered.
Your role will be right at the heart of this project. As one of two new Local Change Managers, you’ll oversee the day-to-day coordination, management and implementation of national counter terrorism change projects, to assessing their impact across the Protect and Prepare Network, you’ll be pivotal in ensuring our success.
Working closely with the NaCTSO Portfolio Board to support the Head of NaCTSO and SLT, you’ll make full use of your change management experience, including project planning, risk management and preparing progress reports. You’ll also need a working knowledge of local government, a security agency or policing. A PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification will be essential, alongside excellent communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
- Ensure the delivery of change in line with time, cost and quality requirements and in accordance with project milestones. Take appropriate action where necessary to ensure local implementation of projects is kept on track.
- Develop and maintain project management products, according to relevant PPM standards, including plans, risk register and action logs, and provide status reports and/or tasking updates as required.
- In collaboration with all NaCTSO LCMs and the Head Programme Delivery, manage the NaCTSO Portfolio Board, implementing good practice and developing the board to inform decision making.
- Provide support to the Head of NaCTSO to manage the impact of national CT and OSCT projects and programmes, to deliver business change activities within NaCTSO and across the network.
- To directly manage changes within the national CT Change Portfolio categorised as ‘Regionally Delivered’.
- Ensure for all planned change, either national CT or NaCTSO, that there is a clear understanding of impact on operational business, and that that the business impact is properly managed.
- Work with CT project/programme teams as required, and with NaCTSO functional SMEs for implementation of national CT projects.
- Ensure change is managed within the approved governance and ensure timely decision making.
- Develop and manage a plan to identify and engage with local stakeholders to ensure their commitment to successful delivery of the change
- Ensure that benefits management is an integral part of the delivery and with guidance from CT Portfolio Operations, work with the local/national performance team and finance team to ensure that benefits are identified, planned and measured.
- Work with HR and Communications colleagues to ensure that the ‘people impacts’ of change are understood and that change messages are joined up for staff.
In return, we can offer a key role that comes with wide-ranging rewards and benefits. Join us at the Met.
This post requires access to the most sensitive intelligence material on a daily basis. Applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Developed Vetting (DV) level before taking up the post.
Additionally, this material is of particular sensitivity to the UK and its distribution must be restricted to UK nationals. In approved circumstances dual nationals (of which one element is British) may also be granted access. However, in the event that potential conflicts of interest cannot be managed the post holder will not be able to see the intelligence material and will not be able to perform their duties. For the purpose of safeguarding national security and in line with Cabinet Office Policy, supported by Section 82(2) to (4) of the Police Reform Act (2002), applicants who do not hold or acquire Security Check (enhanced) (SC(e)) OR Developed Vetting (DV) clearance and meet the nationality requirements cannot be offered the post.
Applicants should also be aware of the need to sign a confidentiality agreement on taking up the post.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met and NaCTSO which is a national police hosted unit, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
To apply, please visit our website. Applications will be via a detailed CV and online application form. Your CV should outline the points stated in the attachment. (NB. Please do not attach 2 copies of your CV).
Completed applications must be submitted by 2nd July 2021.
Please note that applicants who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to apply for settled or pre-settled status. If this is relevant to you and you have not yet applied to the EUSS, please take the time to do so before the deadline on 30th June 2021 at www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
More search results
Human Resources Co-Ordinator
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Head of Organisational Development and Learning
Houses of Parliament Restoration & Renewal
Head of Human Resources and Organisational Develo…
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
L&D Partner - Fixed Term Contract
HR Business Partner