Information Capability and Engagement Product Development & Training Officer - CT Policing National
Help to transform the way we work.
These uniquely challenging times, call for new and innovative approaches to continue keeping the public and the country safe. As we move away from the old Crowded Places Model, to a new broader approach of Protecting Publicly Accessible Locations (PALs), the scope of our requirements has grown and transformed. We need to design and deliver a new wider approach to security, covering key strands across the Government and the Public Sector – while supporting the emerging Protect Duty legislation that is being considered.
Joining our specialist team, you’ll be at the heart of developing, producing and evaluating protective security awareness products. This is an essential and significant project: one that will see you liaising with CT Policing, private business and Government. You’ll take a key leadership role within the the team too, as you collate ideas, share advice and train our network of Counter Terrorism Security Advisors and Counter Terrorism Awareness Advisors.
Ideally with a Protective Security background and experience creating training packages, you’ll be an expert at delivering training and articulating ideas clearly. Excellent organisational skills, the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines and both graphic design and web design skills will all be essentials. You must also be happy to sign a binding confidentially agreement and to achieve and maintain CV vetting and relevant STRAP requirements.
In return, we can offer a key role that comes with wide-ranging rewards and benefits. Help us take UK policing digital. Join us at the Met.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
- Research, develop and produce generic CT protective security awareness products for the general public and businesses to use, and for delivery to industry by those approved by NaCTSO to deliver them
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the products produced and suggest ideas for improving them
- Design, develop and deliver train the trainer sessions for the CTSA/CTAAs for those products produced for delivery by them
- Work closely with partners across the police network, government departments (including OSCT and CPNI) and industry, to support the development, design and delivery of CT awareness protective security advice/information into bespoke products produced by HMG departments signed up to CONTEST and industry partners who are willing to share their products work closely with NaCTSO colleagues to peer review all public facing NaCTSO guidance and ensure that it goes through the agreed approvals process so that it is officially approved for release
- Keep up to date with UK best practice and accepted CT Protective Security methodology
- Maintain a good working knowledge of role specific legislative procedures, national policy and tactical options to advise internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all product design complies with UK standards of equality, diversity and Human Rights legislation
- Lead on projects within the team collating ideas and information to share with the team, setting deadlines and giving out tasks to the team taking into account the skill set of the team members
- Assist immediate team members with the projects they are leading on and other teams where required
- Maximise advice delivery through the NaCTSO public website
- Represent NaCTSO on various relevant Police, Government and Industry working groups/committees
- Collate and analyse feedback and national performance measurement returns
- Produce high quality reports, presentations and deliver effective and engaging briefings on behalf of the team or NaCTS
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the line manager
This post requires access to the most sensitive intelligence material on a daily basis. Applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Developed Vetting (DV) level before taking up the post.
Additionally, this material is of particular sensitivity to the UK and its distribution must be restricted to UK nationals. In approved circumstances dual nationals (of which one element is British) may also be granted access. However, in the event that potential conflicts of interest cannot be managed the post holder will not be able to see the intelligence material and will not be able to perform their duties. For the purpose of safeguarding national security and in line with Cabinet Office Policy, supported by Section 82(2) to (4) of the Police Reform Act (2002), applicants who do not hold or acquire Security Check (enhanced) (SC(e)) OR Developed Vetting (DV) clearance and meet the nationality requirements cannot be offered the post.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
To apply, please visit our website. Applications will be via a detailed CV and online application form. Your CV should outline the points stated in the attachment. (NB. Please do not attach 2 copies of your CV).
Completed applications must be submitted by 2nd July 2021.
Please note that applicants who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to apply for settled or pre-settled status. If this is relevant to you and you have not yet applied to the EUSS, please take the time to do so before the deadline on 30th June 2021 at www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
More search results
Local Change Manager - CT Policing National Count…
Licensing and Accreditation Training Coordinator …
Licensing and Accreditation Training Development …
Licensing and Accreditation Lead - CT Policing Na…
Programme Delivery Support Officer- CT Policing N…