Programme Delivery Support Manager - CT Policing National Counter Terrorism Security Office
Salary: £30,294 to £32,552 plus an allowance of £1,639. You will receive £30,294 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £32,552 will be via incremental progression.
Location: Empress State Building, West Brompton
Support the systems that secure the UK
These uniquely challenging times, call for new and innovative approaches to continue keeping the public and the country safe. As we move away from the old Crowded Places Model, to a new broader approach of Protecting Publicly Accessible Locations (PALs), the scope of our requirements has grown and transformed. We need to design and deliver a new wider approach to security, covering key strands across the Government and the Public Sector – while supporting the emerging Protect Duty legislation that is being considered.
As Programme Delivery Support Manager, you’ll oversee the administration, performance, products, training and events for the Programme Delivery Unity within NaCTSO. You’ll coordinate the admin functions that support delivery of protective security and CT Preparedness and act as the main point of contact for Finance, Resources and HR Leads, as well as for the Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) when it comes to processing new joiners. Day-to-day, this will see you producing national management information for quarterly reports, leading a small team and managing projects within new areas of business.
We’re looking for someone with a good knowledge of MPS, Regional and National organisation structures and roles within CT and external partner agencies. You must have experience of event planning, CT Protective Security and Preparedness as well. In addition, you’ll need exceptional communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
This post requires access to the most sensitive intelligence material on a daily basis. Applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Developed Vetting (DV) level before taking up the post. Additionally, this material is of particular sensitivity to the UK and its distribution must be restricted to UK nationals.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
- Produce national management information by collating, consolidating and quality assuring regional data into a quarterly reports to support SMT decisions on performance and delivery.
- Effectively manage a small team to ensure delivery of administrative coordination and support to business across the Programme Delivery Unit.
- Act as single point of contact for NaCTSO with CTPHQ section leads ( Finance, Resources and HR) by negotiating budgets, resources and HR requirements on behalf of the department, ensuring efficient and cost effective funding and staffing of the unit.
- Act as single point of contact with Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) to process new joiners and represent NaCTSO at relevant meetings.
- Negotiate joint training ventures and venues to maximise cost effective training delivery.
- Act as single point of contact for NaCTSO with external organisations, agreeing NaCTSO requirements, obtaining quotes and producing purchase orders to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery of business services for the department.
- Manage projects in new areas of business, identifying impacts on NaCTSO, negotiating departmental requirements and briefing NaCTSO Units on changes to ensure efficient and effective transition.
- Support Line management requests as required
In return, we can offer a key role that comes with wide-ranging rewards and benefits. Help us take UK policing digital. Join us at the Met.
This post requires access to the most sensitive intelligence material on a daily basis. Applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Developed Vetting (DV) level before taking up the post.
Additionally, this material is of particular sensitivity to the UK and its distribution must be restricted to UK nationals. In approved circumstances dual nationals (of which one element is British) may also be granted access. However, in the event that potential conflicts of interest cannot be managed the post holder will not be able to see the intelligence material and will not be able to perform their duties. For the purpose of safeguarding national security and in line with Cabinet Office Policy, supported by Section 82(2) to (4) of the Police Reform Act (2002), applicants who do not hold or acquire Security Check (enhanced) (SC(e)) OR Developed Vetting (DV) clearance and meet the nationality requirements cannot be offered the post.
Applicants should also be aware of the need to sign a confidentiality agreement on taking up the post.
Please click on the below link to view an online candidate information pack that will you give you an insight into the Met, the competency framework we use which shapes our daily work behaviours, the application process and a host of other information, that will help inform and support your application:
To apply, please visit our website. Applications will be via a detailed CV and online application form. Your CV should outline the points stated in the attachment. (NB. Please do not attach 2 copies of your CV).
Completed applications must be submitted by 2nd July 2021.
Please note that applicants who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to apply for settled or pre-settled status. If this is relevant to you and you have not yet applied to the EUSS, please take the time to do so before the deadline on 30th June 2021 at www.gov.uk/eusettlementscheme
We view diversity as fundamental to our success. To tackle today’s complex policing challenges, we need a workforce made up from all of London’s communities. Applications from across the community are therefore essential.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, the Met have committed to ensuring that disabled people and those with long-term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
More search results
Local Change Manager - CT Policing National Count…
Licensing and Accreditation Training Coordinator …
Licensing and Accreditation Training Development …
Licensing and Accreditation Lead - CT Policing Na…
Information Capability and Engagement Product Dev…