GCP Cloud Engineer
- Annapurna HR Ltd
- HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Information Technology
- Contract type
We're looking for a Cloud Engineer to enhance our team and join the growth of our rapidly expanding GCP business. The position will be based in Atlanta with iremote working being negotiated. The organsiation is international, with hundreds of different arms. Therefore the work will vary and you'll work on excing new ventures.
* Evidenced Thought Leadership in emerging technologies
* Ability to perform complex technical deliverables to meet program outcomes
* Acknowledging technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
* Stakeholder engagement and influencing
* Strong technical architectural and design skills
* Identify problems, and provide range of solutions Technical Skills
* Cloud platform knowledge: GCP (Certification advantageous)
* Development/scripting experience. Preferable programming languages: Python, Scala, Node.js, Golang
* Data serialisation language: JSON, YAML
* Broad understanding of GCP infrastructure services: GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, et al
* Experience deploying applications using Google App Engine
* Containerisation: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, GKE, Istio, OpenShift
* Good understanding of microservices architectural patterns
* Writing highly available, highly scalable microservices based applications, and APIs
* Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
* Demonstrable experience of >3 DevOps tools: CI - Jenkins/TeamCity/CircleCI, SCM - Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab, DevSecOps pipelines, CM - Chef/Puppet/Ansible, IaC - Terraform/Deployment Manager, CD - Spinnaker/Octopus/Bamboo Additional experience:
* Cloud platform knowledge: AWS and/or Azure (Certification advantageous)
* Serverless architecture: Cloud Functions, Knative, Kappa, Kubeless
* NoSQL and SQL knowledge: Datastore, Cloud Spanner, BigQuery, BigTable, MongoDB, Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL & MySQL), Oracle, MSSQL
* Big data technologies: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Kafka
* Messaging: Google Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ
* Data science: experience delivering models in production, Juypter notebook, XGBoost, Classification, Regression
An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
Working practices; thorough with high standards of work. Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision. A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.