This is a brand new Diversity & Inclusion hire for the UK arm of a 2000 strong US law firm. With a blank UK D&I canvas, you’ll embed the diversity strategy, ensuring a UK centric approach, in line with local culture & values.
Reporting to the Head of HR and working closely with the wider HR team and business leaders, you’ll ensure D&I is embedded into day to day operations, including attraction, hiring, retention and L&D.
What you'll be doing:
- Recommend & lead implementation of diversity and inclusion
- Ownership of the UK D&I budget
- Build trusted relationships, on which you'll act as a resource, mentor and diversity expert
- Develop short and long term diversity goals in line with the wider D&I plan
- Collaborate to ensure firm wide commitment to D&I initiatives
- Implement processes and plans to develop & retain attorneys of all backgrounds including BAME, LGBTQ, Women, social mobility and other under-represented groups
- Design and implement internal networking, mentorship, sponsorship and formal & informal training opportunities
- Take a global approach on reporting & metrics, internal feedback groups, hiring and attrition
- Demonstrable D&I expertise – if you've built from the ground up, it would be a real bonus
- Passionate about all things D&I and creating a progressive culture
- Superb relationship skills, to ensure ongoing support from key stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
- Competance in excel