Ted’s Guide to what the Reward Specialist does around here…
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
The role supports the Reward Lead within the People team to enable the development and delivery of Ted’s Global Reward Strategy. The Reward team at Ted is small and newly formed but presents an exciting opportunity to shape the reward strategy and embed new ways of working at Ted. The role provides key support on all annual reward review processes including annual and ad-hoc salary reviews, benefit renewals, bonus and incentive schemes and salary survey benchmarking processes.
Key Relationships - Reward Lead, People Leadership, Communication and Engagement, People Partnering, HR Operations, HRIS, Survey providers, Benefit providers and external specialists as required.
This is a part-time opportunity, 3 days per week - flexible as to how that is delivered during the week.
• Provide high quality research and analysis to support the design of innovative Reward policies and processes
• Build data models that enable effective pay modelling, bonus calculations, salary benchmarking and other reward processes
• Support the evaluation of external reward trends to ensure Ted’s reward offer reflects best practice.
• Plan for and support the pay review and minimum wage increase processes with analysis, forecasting and reporting
• Manage the survey submission process ensuring that Ted roles are accurately matched to survey levels and quality data is submitted to survey providers
• Research survey data sources for UK and international to ensure we have the most up to date and relevant market data
• Benchmark new and changed roles and provide advice and guidance on market pay
• Research and document current and market pay and benefit practices in all Ted’s international locations
• Participate in the benefit renewal process supporting benefit provider research and ensuring quality data analysis contributes to decision making
• Carry out gender pay gap reporting calculations and supporting analysis and set up reporting to monitor Ted’s progress against our action plan throughout the year.
• Set up ethnicity pay gap reporting.
• Set up monthly reporting and review for reward metrics such as pay changes, promotions, benefit engagement
• Provide support to the shared services team for benefit and reward queries and any escalated issues
• Advise managers and People Partners on the career levelling framework supporting any new role or change requests
• Monitor the reward budget against spend
Tools of the Trade…
• You’ll need well-developed technical reward experience as a reward analyst or reward specialist with practical experience of salary and bonus reviews, pay benchmarking and benefit programmes
• Proven ability to analyse data rapidly and accurately and in analysing large volumes of data
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills with Excel at advanced level to include functions such as vlookups and pivots
• Ability to present complex data in a simple user friendly format for various audiences
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently both orally and in writing
• Some experience of international reward is desirable
• CIPD Level 3 or equivalent HR/Reward qualification is desirable.
• Being a team player is critical. You’ll need to work closely with the Reward Lead (also a part time role) and the wider People team as well as interacting with Ted’s managers and team members.
• You are dealing with very sensitive data and so need to operate in a very confidential and trustworthy way.
• You need to be able to communicate the complex in a simple, effective and concise manner
• You will need to be highly organised, focussed and methodical in your approach with excellent attention to detail
• You’ll need to be able to manage multiple tasks and sometimes changing priorities
Ted’s Core Competencies…
• Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
• Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
• Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
• Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
• Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
• Take ownership, be accountable
• Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.