- New role supporting the Group HR Director to deliver strategic projects
- Role based in Dunfermline with a hybrid of office and home working
About Our Client
When a five-year-old boy was blinded after a regular eye exam failed to spot a retinal detachment, his father made it his life's work to help eye care professionals by revolutionising retinal imaging. Optos was founded by Douglas Anderson with the goal to make a patient-friendly device to capture a digital ultra-widefield image of the retina. Today, millions of patients around the world have benefited from optomap® retinal imaging. Since then, Optos has grown to a global organisation with manufacturing plants in the UK and USA. As a division of Nikon Co. Ltd, Japan since 2015, Optos is approaching its 30th anniversary and proud to be recognised as a leading provider of devices to eye care professionals to provide a more complete approach to patient care.
To provide support to the Group HRD and the wider business on both tactical and strategic matters. Working closely with the global HR team to resolve day to day issues as well as progressing proactive projects.
- Work with the Group HRD to establish the roadmap for the function
- Take an active part in the delivery of the People Strategy
- Initiate projects which enhance the proactive nature of the department
- Work with the global HR team to support the success of tactical items
- Establish development plans for the HRMs
- Work with the HRMs to identify opportunities to enhance the HR offering to the business
- Work with all areas of the business to identify where HR can add value and plan such interventions
- Work actively on employee engagement and wellbeing projects
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- CIPD qualified or Degree level in Human Resource Management.
- Previous HR experience at Senior Level.
- Enjoy working at pace and have plenty of confidence and common sense
- Be comfortable taking ownership and are strongly accountable.
- Able to take situations as they present but also to bring structure in a way that adds value.
- Embrace change and enjoy the challenge of supporting others through transition.
- Your approach will be logical and organised while bringing flair and an ability to think out of the box.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits
Interviews process will be conducted in line with Government guidelines and will take place in April 2021.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCJN0320212176659
Closing Date: 09/06/2021