Head of HR - leading and developing a small team.
Part of the SLT & responsible for multiple sites, driving the people agenda.
An established and successful international manufacturing business in South Birmingham.
This is an exciting role for an individual looking to make an impact on long term business success and the continuous development and evolution of the people service.
As Head of HR you will be responsible for a small team and a number of sites, based out of the HO in South Birmingham. This role is both strategic & operational and is responsible for driving the long term success of the business, standardising people activities through a structured approach across talent attraction & retention, employee engagement, employee relations & performance management. Through your excellent & internal relationships you will drive long-term change. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring a long term & effective plan is in place and implemented to standardise process, policies and Ts & Cs across legal entities.
- Implementing a long term plan and approach to employee engagement.
- Supporting the Business in the critical review of its structures and teams to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Providing a proactive HR service to the UK management team, including involvement in structural & strategic decisions, providing relevant and sound input.
- Ensuring a proactive, generalist HR service that includes employee relations, resourcing, people development, performance management & reward.
- Setting and working to KPIs.
- Managing the full range of employment life cycle processes.
- Leading and developing an HR team.
- Ensuring ongoing and continuous improvement of comms to the wider business and employees.
To be considered for this Head of HR role you will be a proven HR generalist, with experience of working at a senior level and with sound experience within both operational HR & Strategy. This role will suit an individual who enjoys the mix of the two aspects and with a passion for change management and driving/delivering mid-long term change. Experience of employee engagement and continuous development of HR is essential.
You will also ideally be used to a manufacturing/engineering or similar environment as well as proven relationship- building at a senior level and a commercial minded approach with excellent business acumen.
You must have the gravitas, confidence and resilience to challenge the SLT as well present new ideas and your plans to the wider group, influencing and gaining buy-in. You will be able to communicate and engage with people at all levels . In addition, experience of developing a team is important.
Ideally you will also have some experience of working in a matrix environment.
Up to £80,000 per annum + car