An exciting opportunity to drive Workforce Planning strategy management for an extremely successful UK business. A truly strategic role with real influence.
The end client is a highly successful UK business with nearly 100 years of heritage. A leader in the distribution sector, the client has an excellent reputation, a solid client base and a strong financial position.
- Reporting to the Transformation Director and working closely with the HR Director, you will devise, develop and implement the Workforce Management strategy across the operational business, with clear milestones for delivery
- You will work proactively with business leaders and with the client base, managing demand and forecasting workforce requirements
- You will consult with business leaders on their employed and contingent workforce needs in order to produce strategies which balance cost management and quality service delivery
- Developing and using robust process and exploiting technology solutions at your disposal, you will plan labour requirements across the group's client contracts
- Over time you will support Operational teams to build their capability to plan their labour demand and supply, accounting for peaks in both demand and absence
- You will proactively manage all workforce-related suppliers including Agency labour providers and technology vendors
- You will provide timely, relevant, useful reporting to managers regarding Workforce trends, highlighting any issues
- An adept relationship-builder at all levels, you will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver against business needs
- You will have a demonstrable track record of developing and influencing Workforce Management strategy for national multi-site businesses
- You will enjoy and embrace change, driving transformation across the business to achieve better results through collaboration with stakeholders
- Demonstrable Organisational Design experience including talent mapping and management, succession planning and organisational right-sizing
- Experience of tactical demand, supply and absence planning, including understanding the factors which can influence local labour supply
- Experience in multi-site, fast-paced blue collar environments such as multi-site manufacturing, logistics, stockist distribution, field service or call-centre operations
This is an excellent opportunity with real influence, working in a stable and successful organisation. Competitive salary plus corporate benefits. Significant remote working opportunity.