This is a newly created HR Manager role encompassing a wide variety of HR activities. It's a hands-on role, getting involved in everything from the management of the day to day HR operations and outsourced payroll to the delivery of strategic objectives.
Growing Pharmaceutical business based in Surrey.
This HR Manager position is a newly created role encompassing a wide variety of HR activities. It's a hands-on role, getting involved in everything from the management of the day to day HR operations and outsourced payroll, embedding company values and driving engagement to the delivery of strategic objectives.
The individual will be required to take a flexible approach and will be required to develop, along with the CFO much of the HR infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the harmonisation of terms and conditions across the business
- Driving change, company values and engagement across the business
- Apply HR and business knowledge appropriate to decision making skills
- Manage the payroll function which is outsourced
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment
- Develop and continuously monitor HR policies including the company handbook
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Monitor employee turnover and absence sickness record.
- Planning, coordination and recording of training.
- Team and individual development plans, talent management and succession planning.
- Manage dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Management of the recruitment and new starter recruitment processes
- Measuring employee engagement and identifying areas that require improvement
- Coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Maintain and improve workforce and holiday planning processes
- Implement performance management processes including management of bonus and incentive plans across the business
- Review organisational structure
- Keep the board up to date with issues that could impact the company.
- Assisting the CFO and other Directors as required.
The HR Manager will have the following experience:
- CIPD accredited (or working towards)
- Proven HR generalist experience ideally within a similar SME business
- Experience of change management and engagement
- Up to date with changes in HR related regulations and employment law
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to think commercially and understand the business impacts of decisions
- Capable of building strong relationships
£55,000 - £60,000 + benefits