HR Manager, Corporate 12 Month FTC
A fantastic Global Law Firm have a great opportunity for an HR Manager to join them to cover an internal secondment for a period of 12 Months. This will work with the Corporate Practise group (comprised of 4 specialist areas), supporting approximately 250 fee earners, including 42 Partners.
They are looking for an experienced HR Manager who can work in a dual capacity to support in both operational HR matters to the group, and also work closely with the COO and Head of HR of the practice on some really ineresting projects over the next 12 months. You will work closely with the Head of HR to implement HR strategy for the Practice Group including: -
-Contribution to the strategic planning process
-Implementation of talent and succession plans
-Facilitation of the Group's culture through HR initiatives
-Support of the leadership of the Group
-Advising on all HR matters (particularly in relation to risk and cost) related to the management of the Practice Group.
Specific duties for the group will include:
- Advising on HR matters related to the recruitment, development and retention of individuals within the Practice Group
- Being responsible for the successful execution of the annual review process
- Ensuring that development outcomes arising from reviews are assessed and actioned
- Supporting each sub Group within the practice group
- Collaborating and liaising with the other Support teams in the Practice Group to provide a coherent and co-ordinated service
- Support for associate forum
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of partner reviews - Assisting with the planning and execution of the Partnership Selection process
- Supporting the Counsel and PSL Counsel Promotion processes for the Group
Their priorities in terms of group wide projects over the next 12 Months will include a particular focus on:
- Talent Management
- Diversity and Inclusion- building on their already fantastic work
- Focus on Mental health in the workplace
- Impact of COVID-19
What are they looking for?
- You will have worked successfully as an HR practitioner in a corporate, finance, professional services, consultancy or law firm
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organization
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution
- Ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the Partner community, building and developing strong client relationships
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.