Head of People Transformation
We're looking for an impactful and change-orientated Head of People Transformation to play a key role in optimising the performance of the People team in an evolving and ambitious Charity.
This exciting role will suit someone with a strong operational focus and pragmatic leadership style, who enjoys streamlining ways of working and driving cultural change through efficient and consistent people processes.
Our client is a well-known, rapidly evolving Charity based in London.
The Head of People Transformation will be responsible for leading the People & OD function, which includes Facilities and Health & Safety. The role gives an opportunity to deliver lasting change by modernising and enhancing the offer from the People function. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this post will be key to unlocking the vision of simplification, automation, and first class partnering.
The main duties include:
- Leading the team through a comprehensive change programme, which you'll design & implement to provide an HR service of excellence to all employees.
- Optimising the organisation's Payroll & HR Systems processes, ensuring that these are fit for purpose for an organisation looking to automate and simplify ways of working.
- Providing strategic support to the COO & the wider Executive Team.
- Ensuring post-merger integration of procedures, documents and cultures of both People functions.
- Developing, simplifying and implementing human resources policies.
- Overseeing recruitment, training, performance, wellbeing, reward, benefits and compliance activities for the organisation.
- A strong track record of leading and delivering change within an agile, fast paced environment.
- Tangible experience of transforming HR processes, procedures and systems to fit the changing needs of an organisation.
- Experience of HR leadership in a similar size organisation (c.150 employees), or a business with transferable skill set.
- Strong generalist experience across the HR spectrum including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
- Experience of providing expert HR advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR matters, supporting managers in dealing with complex casework, performance, attendance and employee relations issues.
- Comfortable providing advice and guidance to the Executive Board and managers on employment matters; influencing management and the leadership around the people agenda to maximise service performance.
- Ability to identify HR priorities from corporate and departmental plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and delivering people solutions aligned to business
- An influential and effective communicator with an outcome-focused approach to their work.
- An empathetic and pragmatic leader with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- This role is offered on a 12-month fixed term contract, which could translate to a permanent appointment based on the needs of the organisation and ambitions of the successful candidate.
- Salary range: £60-65,000 per annum
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible and supportive working environment