HR Services Manager - FTC until Dec 2021
- Page Group
- Rugby, Warwickshire
- £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
- JN -012021-1996612
- HR Operations, Shared Services
- Job Level
- Distribution & Logistics
- Contract type
An opportunity to combine your strategic and operational skillset, this is a dual role managing the HR Services Team whilst also reviewing the service itself and recommending changes to optimise it.
An established and successful distribution business operating in the UK.
- Partnering with operational managers to provide an end-to-end HR service to include advisory, administrative and manager coaching upskilling services
- Provide an HR administration service for the full hire-to-retire HR process, including new starter, promotion, change of employment, disciplinary, grievance, termination, maternity and retirement processes
- Review the HR service function to develop a comprehensive recommendation of any changes to improve the service
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 3 HR Business Partners and 3 HR Administrators
- Ensure the correct application of Company HR policies and procedures by operational managers to minimise risk and ensure the fair treatment of employees
- Drive engagement, motivation and development across the HR Service Team, developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience of working within an HR Service Team (this may be badged as HR Shared Services, HR Central Services, HR Administration, HR Advisory)
- Exposure to a fast-paced, multi-site blue collar sector, e.g. Construction, FM, Logistics, multi-site Manufacturing)
- Ability to objectively critique working processes and recommend substantial change
- A warm, engaging and approachable management style
- Experience of working with Trade Unions and Staff Forums.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and its pragmatic application in the real world
- Ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing a team, including teams whose members are at the start of their HR career journey
- A proven track record of working in an organised manner to hit deadlines and achieve tangible results
- Ability to proactively sell the benefits of HR to the business; a customer-centric approach
- Ability to travel when necessary, balanced with working flexibily
The opportunity to join a successful and stable business, and to drive real, tangible change. Potential for permanence if of interest to both parties.