An exciting opportunity to drive Workforce Planning strategy management for an extremely successful UK business. A truly strategic role with real influence.
The end client is a highly successful UK business with nearly 100 years of heritage. A leader in the distribution sector, the client has an excellent reputation, a solid client base and a strong financial position.
- Reporting to the Transformation Director, you will devise, develop and implement the Workforce Management strategy across the operational business, with clear milestones for delivery
- You will work proactively with business leaders and with the client base, managing demand and forecasting workforce requirements
- You will consult with business leaders on their employed and contingent workforce needs in order to produce strategies which balance cost management and quality service delivery
- Developing and using robust process and exploiting technology solutions at your disposal, you will plan labour requirements across the group's client contracts
- Over time you will support Operational teams to build their capability to plan their labour demand and supply, accounting for peaks in both demand and absence
- You will proactively manage all workforce-related suppliers including Agency labour providers and technology vendors
- You will provide timely, relevant, useful reporting to managers regarding Workforce trends, highlighting any issues
- An adept relationship-builder at all levels, you will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver against business needs
- You will have a demonstrable track record of developing and influencing Workforce Management strategy for national multi-site businesses
- You will enjoy and embrace change, driving transformation across the business to achieve better results through collaboration with stakeholders
- Demonstrable Organisational Design experience including talent mapping and management, succession planning and organisational right-sizing
- Experience of tactical demand, supply and absence planning, including understanding the factors which can influence local labour supply
- Experience in multi-site, fast-paced blue collar environments such as multi-site manufacturing, logistics, stockist distribution, field service or call-centre operations
This is an excellent opportunity with real influence, working in a stable and successful organisation. Competitive salary plus corporate benefits. Significant remote working opportunity.