We are currently recruiting for an HR Manager to join our HR team for Corporate on a 9 month contract basis to support in the provision of strategic and operational advice to relevant client groups and to assist in the delivery of the strategic HR plan for the Global Practice Group.
Role and responsibilities
Develop and manage effective working relationships with the key stakeholders listed above plus the senior support team.
Role and responsibilities
Working closely with the Head of HR to implement HR strategy for the Practice Group including:
- Contribution to the strategic planning process
- Implementation of talent and succession plans
- Facilitation of the Group's culture through HR initiatives
- Support of the leadership of the Group
- Advising in all HR matters (particularly in relation to risk and cost) related to the management of the Practice Group
Work as a fully integrated and trusted advisor to the partners within the Practice Group including:
- Advising on HR matters related to the recruitment, development and retention of individuals within the Practice Group and facilitating issue resolution through the Central HR teams and other Support Departments
- Identification and proactive resolution of group issues/ themes
- Supporting partners to deliver effective staff management processes and messages
- Being responsible for the successful execution of the annual review process for fee earners and support staff, ensuring that reviewers and reviewees are appropriately briefed and trained
- Ensuring that development outcomes arising from reviews are assessed and actioned, including preparation for attendance on Career Management programmes
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the salary and bonus review process including consultants
- Input into the client and international secondment planning process including identification of suitable secondees
- Supporting each sub Group within the practice group which may include attendance and input to partner meetings
- Collaborating and liaising with the other Support teams in the Practice Group to provide a coherent and co-ordinated service to the practice group and the firm, including Business Development, Finance, Know-How and the Group Managers.
- Analysis and action planning following MySay survey
- Support for associate forum
- Working with the finance team to supply data for the budgeting and resource planning process
- Responsibility for agreeing career breaks and other periods of unpaid leave and flexible working arrangements
- Undertaking exit interviews, analysing feedback and responding as appropriate.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of partner reviews
- Assisting with the planning and execution of the Partnership Selection process
- Supporting the Counsel and PSL Counsel Promotion processes for the Group, including, as appropriate, briefing and preparing candidates and their sponsors, design and implementation of the panel and assessments and supporting newly promoted Counsel/ PSL Counsel into the business
- Graduate Qualification with CIPD or similar certification
- Technical competence in all aspects of employment law, compliance practices and policies with significant HR experience
- Will have worked successfully as an HR practitioner in a professional services, consultancy or (preferably) law firm
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to influence strategic thinking/direction through creative and pragmatic issue resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the Partner community, building and developing strong client relationships
- Collaborative team player with the ability to nurture and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility
- Resilient; able to understand that credibility has to be earned in this environment and may take time
- A person of sound judgement, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to Management
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.