HR Manager (12 Month FTC)
My Client is a high performing Global Law Firm with a fantastic reputation for outstanding delivery to their clients. They are looking for an HR Manager to support a practice group HR team for 12 months to cover a maternity.
The focus of the role will be on working closely with the practice group managers in the UK to support in achieving its strategic goals and objectives. This involves providing day to day HR support and advice relating to fee-earners as well as supporting the Head of HR legal advisory in HR projects and process improvement relating mainly to London. Also, the role will provide support to the Global HR Lead for this practice group, with things such as talent management, change management, driving the diversity and inclusion agenda and capacity management on the agenda.
Objects are as follows:
- Providing support and advice working closely with the Head of HR legal advisory to the Practice streams in London on strategic and operational matters such as change management, employee relations, performance management, talent management, salary and bonus reviews, international secondments etc..
- Working closely with the Business Leaders in achieving their strategic objectives and delivering operational targets
- Raising the profile and extending the credibility of the HR Business Partner service
- Advising partners on HR issues
- Assisting with resource planning and ensure that professional recruitment policies and practices are used effectively;
- Liaising with partners regarding the secondment of legal staff to and from the UK
- Special projects as required- There is a great opportunity to be involved in Global projects pertaining to the Practice Group
- Working closely with and support one HR advisor in the development of their skills and knowledge (This includes a degree of supervision as and when needed when the advisor undertakes assignments on their own)
It is essential the candidiate will have a high level of energy, drive and commerciality combined with the presence and credibility to deal with a discerning audience. For that reason someone with experience from a Law Firm would be highy advantageous to hit the group running in this interim contract.
Ideally, someone with a diplomatic but firm manner with excellent powers of persuasion, coupled with excellent communication skills both written and oral and a willingness to listen will be successful in this environment.
They are looking for this person to start in March 2020.