We're looking for an established HR leader in the Education sector to join a London-based Further Education provider as their Head of HR Operations on an initial 3 month interim contract, with possibility to extend or go permanent.
Our client is a Further Education provider based in West London
- Oversee and manage day-today HR activities of the HR Operations team and ensure quality service to the organisation
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of high-quality HR standards and processes, both manual and automated.
- Contribute to the HR strategy and people plan
- Review the use of the current HR/payroll system, and working directly with the HR Team to improve the performance and outputs of the system to drive efficiency
- Work with the HR Director and HR Systems Analyst to ensure the accurate delivery of HR Reporting such as staff turnover, staff absence, equal opportunities, recruitment, payroll and Pensions
- Oversee the College's Payroll and Pensions activities
- Develop and update College HR policies in line with changes in legislation and HR best practice
- Act as professional adviser on complex casework including sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance, capability and discrimination cases as well as restructures, reorganisations and redundancies
- Work closely with the HR Director to develop appraisal, performance management and probationary review procedures.
- Oversee the continuous professional development processes for staff.
- Oversee the Department's compliance on GDPR and UK Visa and Immigrations regulations.
- Ensure that the College's Single Central Record (SCR) is kept up to date and is always ready for inspection by OFSTED
- Ensure the HR Department is prepared for an OFSTED inspection at short notice,
- Work closely with the Resourcing Business Partner to oversee recruitment activities and maintain agency relationships
- Monitor and ensure that the requirement of all safer recruitment checks and mandatory staff training has been undertaken by all new starters.
- Substantial Senior HR Generalist experience gained ideally within the Education sector (FE, Schools or Academy Trust preferred)
- Experience of leading an HR team, with strong line management capabilities
- Experience of improving the performance and outputs of HR Systems. Includes but not limited to process chains, automated reminders and scheduled reports.
- Experience of procuring and implementing new HR Payroll and Pensions systems
- Experience of change management from manual to automated processes.
- Strong track record of leading a team to deliver an excellent customer service
- First class communication, organisational and planning skills
- Knowledge of LGPS and Teachers Pension Schemes
- Degree and CIPD Qualified
Initial 3 month contract with potential extension or permanent hire
Daily rate £238-250 PAYE (inc holiday) or £275-300 Umbrella - equivalent permanent salary £53-56,000
This role is in scope of IR35 legislation