Interim Head of Learning and Development
A global Law firm are currently looking to hire their Interim Head of Learning and Development for a 12-month Maternity cover contract. The new incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of training and development programmes to business services and Lawyers across the firm.
In particular, the Head of L&D will be responsible for;
Working with and overseeing a senior L&D Advisor, an L&D Advisor and an L&D Coordinator;
Supporting individual offices with their business services skills development including training programmes, coaching and management skills;
Other L&D and organisational development projects, such as creating competency frameworks, dissemination of the firm's core values, integration projects.
The team consist of 12 people (6 in London, 2 in Asia and 6 in the US).
Planning, Design and Implementation
- Identifying training and development needs: working closely with other members of the L&D team, HR Operations and members of client groups to ensure that all interventions are bespoke and aligned to the firm's career development framework and the firm's strategic business objectives
- Design and facilitation of new face to face training, on-going review of existing training sessions and programmes and design and delivery of improvements
- Overseeing and managing the implementation and administration of training sessions and programmes
- Leading and project managing global HR organisational development projects
- On-going review of existing courses and development centres, and working with the L&D team and KDLs to design and deliver improvements
- Supporting the Global Director of L&D with design and facilitation of bespoke and in some cases, client programmes
- Identifying and engaging local "L&D champions" to support learning and development interventions
- Delivering training sessions and global development programmes including management and leadership
- Using a variety of teaching/learning methods throughout; introducing new technology and training methods
- Identifying and implementing innovative, effective learning and development solutions; thinking beyond what has been done before
- Creating supporting materials including presentations and online materials
- Leading the associate and senior associate development centres including co-delivering the launch
- Facilitating at development centres; running one-to-one coaching and development sessions
- Administering a range of psychometrics to support key development programmes
- Strong experience of managing and delivering professional skills programmes (ideally within professional Services)
- You will be an experienced L&D professional with an interest in developing talent looking to work in an entrepreneurial, growing Law firm where L&D is greatly valued.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to deliver to a range of audiences
- An innovative mindset - a curiosity for doing things differently in order to facilitate behaviour change and inspire others
- Experience of running development centres and qualified in one or more psychometric tools
- Ideally, strong experience of managing and delivering professional skills programmes (within a professional services environment)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to liaise with different parts of the firm
- Strong influencing skills: ability to gain credibility with all levels of staff and "sell" the benefits of on-going employee development
- Team player - ready to pitch in and support not just the L&D team but the wider HR department
- A genuine interest in how professional services firms/partnerships operate
- Strong project management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work under pressure and take a flexible approach to service delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working across international offices desirable but not essential
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.