Be creative and make a difference as Head of HR in an engineering and logistics business based in Surrey/Sussex. Both a strategic and operational role leading the HR team and advising at senior leadership level.
Our client, who we are partnering with on a retained basis, are a highly successful engineering and logistics business within the aviation industry. Their Head Office is based at Gatwick Airport with 18 sites across the UK, many of which are award winning for their operational performances and safety records. This innovative and market leading business live its core values with a respectful and "family feel" culture. They are seeking a suitable Head of HR to partner with the business and bring new energy and ideas into the HR team.
- Manage, support and develop direct reports within the HR team.
- Generalist remit overseeing and supporting payroll, pensions, ER, TUPE, upskilling managers, benefits, rewards and recruitment.
- Develop HR strategy and, as part of the senior leadership team, advise and challenge at this level.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data to be presented at board level.
- Review and update HR policies and procedures and align them to the Company's core values.
- Using up to date employment law knowledge to understand the implications on the business and advise accordingly.
- Be the point of escalation for complex Employee Relations cases.
- Establish and maintain strong trusting relationships with unions and external services across multiple sites.
- CIPD Level 7 qualified or equivalent experience
- A strategic, innovative and committed team worker with a hands-on approach.
- Proven senior stakeholder management and influencing skills with strong business acumen.
- Must have experience managing a HR team or multiple direct reports.
- Ability to manage a changing environment, including TUPE and acquisitions.
- Must have union experience with the ability to support an operational workforce.
- Previous experience managing multiple sites with a willingness to travel.
- A creative and enthusiastic professional with a high level of emotional intelligence.
Competitive salary plus additional benefits