Head of HR - Central Services
- Page Group
- Measham, Leicestershire
- Up to £60000 per annum + £10k car, bonus, pension
- JN -122020-1993689
- HR Director
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Distribution & Logistics
- Contract type
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who enjoys elements of both strategic and operational HR to lead a small team of HR professionals and partner with Exec-level Head Office Support Functional leads.
This role is working for the large and successful UK subsidiary of a global wholesale / distribution business which employs around 11,000 across around 250 branch locations.
- Partnering at Executive, C-suite and Director level with the functional heads of the organisation's support functions, you will be the first person to provide this dedicated true business partnering service
- Supporting the approachable, dynamic and effective HR Director to reposition the HR offering to the business, driving employee engagement and upskilling people managers to manage more effectively
- Focus on talent management and succession planning to your stakeholder population, providing clear and achievable career paths to Head Office-based staff for the first time
- Leading strategic HR projects across the full HR generalist spectrum, from Reward to Learning & Development to Diversity & Inclusion
- Providing operational HR advice and support to your stakeholder population, including leading on complex ER casework
- Leading, coaching and developing a small team of HR professionals, including the HR Admin Team Lead and her reports, the HRBP for Supply Chain (based locally to Head Office) and an HR Data Manager
You will already be operating at a senior level within HR, with demonstrable experience of successful outcomes across the spectrum of strategic and operational. Your current title is likely to be Head of HR, Senior HR Business Partner or Senior HR Manager - or possibly HR Director in a smaller business but with previous experience of working for large companies.
It is essential that you have recent and significant experience in a fast-paced, multi-site environment, for example in Logistics, Distribution, Retail, Wholesale, Leisure or similar. You will be used to working in organisations where the majority of workers are 'blue collar', HOWEVER you must have experience of partnering with a diverse Head Office stakeholder base.
You will have people management experience within HR, ideally including a team of HR Admin / Advisor / Shared Service type individuals.
You must be comfortable with the operational aspects of the role - whilst you will have significant responsibility on the strategic side, this is an evolving HR function in need of professionalisation and so there will be significant hands-on day-to-day HR work, particularly in the first 6 months, but also on an ongoing basis in terms of servicing your internal customer base in areas such as ER.
With that in mind this is an exciting role driving significant change in an already very successful organisation, with a significant Talent Development flavour, partnering with a diverse internal customer base and working with an inspiring and supportive HR Director.
This is a genuinely exciting role in a fast-paced environment in which you will have a lot to 'go at!'. You will be given the support but also the space by the HRD to thrive and achieve, with further support from the team you will lead.
If you don't just survive, but thrive on an ever-changing environment full of interesting characters, this could be the role for you.
If the idea of a purely strategic role isn't for you, because you wouldn't be able to roll your sleeves up and influence on a granular level, again this role could be a good fit.
Shrinking violets need not apply, but you must also be a good listener who enjoys the challenge of adapting their communication style to suit their audience.
In addition to a competitive salary of up to £60,000 per annum, there is a generous £10,000 annual car allowance, plus a company bonus, contributory pension and 25 days' holiday.
If you think you tick the boxes (and can demonstrate this on the CV!), I look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the urgency of the role, I cannot progress any applications from candidates with more than 8 weeks' notice. If you are available at short notice, or can be, this will stand you in good stead!