Head of HR
- Page Group
- South London, London
- £70000 - £85000 per annum
- JN -112020-1558491
- HR Director
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
As Head of HR you will lead a team of 4 HR professionals to deliver the HR Agenda.
As Head of HR you will sit on both the Senior Leadership Team and the International Human Resources Team.
Based in South London, my client is part of an international financial services organisation. They have a long history and are responsible for managing funds in the billions and customers across the world.
They have been rated as Excellent when it comes to a their Financial Strength Rating.
Based in South London you will report to the CEO. As well as leading a team of 4 HR professionals you will sit on the Uk Senior Leadership Team on on the International HR team.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage and develop the HR team.
- Create the strategy for the various areas of HR focus including talent acquisition, succession planning, ER, well-being and H&S.
- Use data to create an effective and commercially focused HR team that can advise on people strategy, work with senior management and influence leaders on the best course of action.
- Influence decision making by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire etc.
- Lead on complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
- Devise recruitment strategy and oversee its implementation.
- Co-ordinate pay and reward policies and advise senior management on staff salaries, reward and benefits in reference to external benchmarks.
- Support business leaders with employee engagement plans.
- Review and approve HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Support all staff across the business with some support for deferred and current pensioners.
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
Ideally you will have been in a Head of HR or Senior HR leadership role for at least 5 years.
In addition it would be highly desirable if you have worked in a Financial Services Organisation and have experience of working in an FCA or PRA regulated environment. Our client will consider candidates from other regulated environments.
- Experience working and advising a CEO and Executive Leadership team.
- Experience working with, advising and coaching senior stakeholders across a company.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a HR team.
- Solid employment law knowledge.
- Experience of managing TUPE situations
Any experience as a Pension Trustee and / or Health and Safety would be highly desirable as these areas are managed by the current Head of HR.
What is on offer is the chance to work as Head of HR in a well regarded Financial Services Organisation based in South London.
Our client is offering a salary range of circa £75,000 to £85,000, Bonus, Pension and other benefits.