Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the independent regulator for work-related health and safety. We act in the public interest to reduce work-related illness, death and serious injury across Great Britain’s workplaces. It is an exciting time to join us. HSE, in conjunction with MHCLG, is establishing and will operate a new Building Safety Regulator responsible for implementing and enforcing a more stringent regulatory regime for high-rise buildings and increasing the competence of those working on building safety following the Grenfell tragedy
About the Role:
- Support the delivery of BSR and HSE business plan objectives - engaging with BSR Project Leads, HSE senior leaders and colleagues to continue to scope the full learning requirement to support the BSR division.
- Design and develop engaging but timebound learning initiatives to support the development need –using a blended learning approach and virtual delivery.
- Support the achievement of business objectives through the delivery, coordination and support of learning and development initiatives across multiple divisions.
- Support the embedding of the new BSR L&D team within HR, working collaboratively to build rapport and map with key stakeholders (of influence).
- Deliver/facilitate BSR training sessions (both face-to-face and virtually) – ensuring a learner led and engaging approach in both delivery mediums.
- Develop and implement methods of evaluating – evidencing value-add and the impact of learning &development solutions.
- Project manage external L&D projects with external suppliers – to support the full breadth of BSR development delivery.
- Ensure that the development of L&D policy meets business needs and that inclusion, wellbeing and engagement issues are fully recognised and included.
- Work collaboratively across HR L&D, HSE and the wider Civil Service supporting the Reform agenda and promoting a unified Civil Service HR/L&D Profession.
- This position may evolve to include line manager responsibilities.
- Due to Covid regulations we are currently working from home, however, in the future occasional travel to other HSE sites may be required.
This is an exciting and stretching opportunity. For this role, we are seeking an inspirational L&D professional. In order to be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- A highly successful training/learning & development track record both at a strategic and delivery level.
- Operational and strategic L&D experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Proven business wide strategic awareness.
- Ability to diagnose capability gaps and identify innovative and creative learning interventions.
- Knowledge of learning and development, career planning/mapping and TNA. Provide enabling experience to guide senior leaders through effective organisational change and development.
- Proven facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills and demonstrable experience of deploying those with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to partner effectively and mobilise other stakeholders to deliver work.
- Clear, accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective project management of L&D small projects.
- Ability to partner effectively and influence stakeholders (internal/external) to deliver work/results
- Extensive experience of working within L&D environment (and at a strategic level).
- Experience of using a variety of delivery methods (virtual delivery would be desirable). Relevant Level 5 CIPD qualification.
Closing date: Sunday 29th November 2020