Working with UK Directors and Managers, across all aspects of the employee lifecycle, the successful candidate will contribute strategically and deliver operationally to support Lucideon's key strategic objectives. Newly created, to better support the management team as they continue towards the next stage of their evolution, it is a great time to join us. Responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive wide-reaching HR generalist service this is a great opportunity to upskill a developing business.
Purpose of the role
With responsibility for re-energising the HR agenda in the UK, this role is a great opportunity to provide first class HR expertise, advice and guidance to all directors, managers and employees. Shaping the direction of people management across the business, the company is big enough to be challenging and interesting and not so big where there are layers of management to negatively impact your ability to influence at all levels. In a sector with an exciting future, it is a great place to make your mark.
- Support and coach line managers to effectively manage all aspects of BAU/Continuous Improvement activity, including recruitment and selection, induction, disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance management to ensure company objectives are achieved
- Provide professional and credible advice to managers and directors on complex or highly sensitive employee relations issues
- Build effective working relationships with managers and directors through collaboration and gaining personal credibility
- Manage the delivery of transactional HR to support the business and its employees through all aspects of the employee life cycle in line with SLAs and KPI's
- Provide HR management information on a monthly basis and as required through the effective use and interrogation of company systems
- Initiate and manage effective and cost-efficient recruitment campaigns for all internal and external UK vacancies, taking account of succession planning & talent management
- Manage the design and delivery of learning and development activities in order to enhance the effectiveness and capability of managers and staff
- Oversee and support work undertaken by the HR Advisor/Administrator through effective coaching and mentoring
- Manage and deliver ad hoc HR change projects as required
- Sound knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law procedures and processes
- Ability to confidently deliver presentations and training courses
- Strong organisational capability, able to meet deadlines and manage large volumes of work
- Developed interpersonal skills and able to demonstrate strong personal credibility to persuade and influence senior management on HR related activity.
- Grad CIPD or (or equivalent), with post qualification generalist experience
- A customer driven, collaborative and hands-on approach
- Able to identify pragmatic, business focused solutions
- Capable of seeing the bigger picture to think through the wider implications of actions
- Flexible, enthusiastic and positive approach
- Efficient and effective user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills - able to produce accurate documentation, spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience of using HR database systems and reporting functions
- Experienced in reviewing statistical data to interpret and inform future decisions based on historical management information
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise demands
Lucideon is a leading international materials development and commercialization organization. Through our offices and laboratories in the US, UK and the Far East, Lucideon provides materials and assurance expertise to clients in a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, construction, ceramics, additive manufacturing, energy and power engineering.
Our company aims to improve the competitive advantage and profitability of our clients by providing them with the expertise, accurate results and objective, innovative thinking that they need to optimize their materials, products, processes, systems and businesses.
25 days holiday (plus public holidays) • Flexible working arrangements (variable start and end times) • Private medical cover (including a cash plan to pay most excesses, and the option to enrol other family members)