Central Services Director
- International high growth business
- Outstanding opportunity
About Our Client
Europa Worldwide Group is one of the largest privately-owned transport and logistics companies in the UK delivering pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide to a broad and enviable portfolio of clients. The business has attained considerable success and growth and currently employs c1,000 staff with a presence in more than 160 countries and regularly features in The Sunday Times Top Track 250. Europa Worldwide Group is entering an exciting phase in their development with a mandate for ambitious expansion and investment in market leading freight solutions. As a result of an impending retirement the business has a need to recruit a Central Services Director.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the key responsibilities will include:
- Operating as a key member of the board, supporting the development and deployment of a business strategy that will embrace growth and service development.
- Managing all aspects of Central Services that include: HR, Property and Facilities, Payroll, Talent Acquisition and Development, Health and Safety, Procurement and Insurance.
- Develop new working processes and practices that will offer commercial benefits to the organisation and meet the current and future needs of this growth business
- Providing inspirational leadership to the Central Services team of 25 and ensuring the organisation attracts, retains and develops talent across the services function
- Taking a lead role on business critical projects
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will be of graduate calibre with a demonstrable track record of success gained in a service based industries. Equally you will have operated in a senior management role where you have contributed to the development and deployment of a business strategy. Exposure to transportation and logistics sector would be advantageous. A broad commercial experience would be a prerequisite. You will have gained exposure to HR, Property, Procurement and Legal, and been responsible for developing working practices that deliver working efficiencies and real commercial benefit in these functional areas. In addition, you will have managed and developed teams. Of equal importance are outstanding interpersonal skills that are underpinned by a strong commercial awareness that will ensure you have immediate impact in this growth business
What's on Offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.