Head of HR
- HR Strategy
- HR Leadership
About Our Client
Reall develops, refines and shares innovative housing models that unlock the political will, capital investment and end-user finance needed to create the conditions for hard-working families to secure their own home.
We do this because affordable homes not only provide a fundamental human right, they unleash unimaginable human potential to shape a future of gender parity, climate resilience, clean water and air, renewable energy and socio-economic justice.
Our mission is to build an affordable homes movement that improves the life chances of 100 million people in urban Africa & Asia, by 2030.
In total 3.5 million low-income people have been reached through Reall-supported initiatives since 1989 including families gaining new homes, upgrading and building their own homes as well as improved water provision and sanitation.
As Head of HR, you will play the lead role in shaping and delivering the People Strategy, towards a forward-thinking service that underpins Reall's culture. You will provide value-add HR, and play a key role on the leadership team, in promoting and embedding the necessary environment & culture to maximise employee satisfaction. Your role will include the full range of people activities including Engagement & Culture, Well-being, Diversity & Inclusion and Talent/Recruitment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, embedding and promoting a compelling HR /People strategy that is aligned to Reall's business objectives, making commercial and pragmatic recommendations to meet the immediate and future needs of the Business.
- Acting as a trusted advisor and coach, partnering with the Executive leadership team to develop solutions to people related challenges.
- Introducing and driving change management initiatives as well as cultural change.
- Identifying HR priorities and translating business requirements into effective HR practices.
- Ensuring all HR policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law and best practice.
- Overall responsibility for the training & professional development for all staff, as identified through the appraisal process.
- Developing recruitment & talent solutions including how this can be developed internationally.
- Continually looking externally to make recommendations to the Executive on an appropriate quality standard such as Investors in People.
- Acting as designated Safeguarding Lead for all related activities.
- Acting as Reall's Data Protection/GDPR lead.
- Playing a key role in the ongoing Covid Crisis Management
The Successful Applicant
As Head of HR for Reall you will also have excellent operational HR expertise alongside strategic capability to build a compelling and engaging employer brand and culture.
You will be a proven and delivery-focused HR Generalist, capable of translating your experience and HR excellence into the Reall environment.
You will be proactive and solutions-focused with a flexible approach and an appetite for continuous improvement and change as well as the skills, resilience and gravitas to influence senior leaders.
Experience within the Charity or NGO sector is not essential, although some understanding is beneficial. Experience of working in a professional environment, with the ability to evidence quality HR practices, developing culture and high-level thinking.
What's on Offer
£45-£65,000 per annum
Excellent annual leave entitlement
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTCJN 082020 495513Z