ER and Policy Specialist
A new opportunity has been created within a larger ER department. The role of ER and Policy Development Specialist will report into the manager of this area and requires somebody who can build relationships and have strong Trade Unions experience
The business is a growing organisation with a fantastic culture. Sat within the environmental services industry, the company is expanding in all different business units and you will be at the heart of developing and delivering the new strategic road map!
- Write, refresh and simplify ER policies, management tools and guidance documents through working groups consisting of internal and external stakeholders, and in consultation with Trade Unions.
- Produce templates for HR policies and guides, setting minimum standards to be used across all local policies as well as developing a strong implementation and national communication plan.
- Review manager guides to ensure consistency and identify improvements to assist leaders through typical ER queries, e.g. simple disciplinary issues, absence issues, basic dispute resolution
- Manage the project plan for the implementation of a new ER Benefits contracts into the business.
- Update internal procedures and tools to drive efficiencies for the business.
- Monitor the use and effectiveness of third-party vendors
- Provide support for the ER team through the development of reporting using business analytics and bespoke ER case management system.
- Develop and maintain the central database of local and national agreements.
- Responsible for coordinating, leading and executing activities in Trade Unions meetings
The successful applicant will have 3-5 years experience within a ER focused role and be able to speak in detail about their experience in policy development. You will have worked with trade unions in previous positions and also be confident with employment law. The business requires a confident, driven individual to join this large ER team and not be fazed by their fast and ambitious workforce!
You should be a clear communicator, to the point with your answers and really hands on day to day!
A fantastic package, competitive salary and brilliant benefits! You will also be part of a growing organisation with an awesome culture! The retention of staff is fantastic!