Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Data & Systems
- Diversity, HR Director, HR Systems & Data Analytics, Head of Change Management, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Information Technology
- Contract type
LivePerson is a transformational force in how Brands and Consumers communicate. With over 18,000 customers including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
LivePerson is looking for a Head of Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Data & Systems who will be responsible for setting the Diversity Equity & Inclusion long-term strategy and defining our approach as it relates to diversity and inclusion across our workforce.
The Head of Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Data & Systems is responsible for operationalizing the vision of a diverse, equitable and inclusive mindset at LivePerson. A significant part of the role is developing programs that promote and create a culture of inclusivity and belonging, as well as upward mobility for minority employees and ensuring LP is considered an equitable place to work for all employees. We are looking for someone who is also passionate about Product Management and is a strategic thinker.
Focus & Responsibilities:
- Visionary Expert who will bring a product and data science expertise to elevating DE&I into the core being of the organization
- Position DE&I as a strategic initiative to enable LivePerson to become an industry leader in this space
- Create DE&I framework and programming that will empower LP to become the “Employer of Choice” for the best and brightest talent in the tech market
- Creating and Leading DE&I programming working in close collaboration with existing Employee Resource Groups ie. Live in Color and Women in Tech. Support the creation of new ERGs per employee needs
- Champion the cause for underrepresented groups, act as a consultant to support them and make sure all voices are heard and valued
- Partner with Leadership Team to influence and infuse DE&I practices into our product, people, sales, marketing go to market strategies
- Create leadership buy in and sponsorship to implement sustainable DE&I programs that are data driven and create valuable ROI for the organization.
- Liaison with our sourcing partners (e.g. universities, external affinity groups) to improve upon Diversity Recruitment Hiring Target Goals
- Design company policies and practices that reinforce diversity,equity and inclusion in the workplace, address all kinds of harassment and protect all minority groups
- Educate hiring managers and HR staff on how to select, manage, evaluate, promote, reward and retain diverse employees
- Review our hiring selection criteria to verify they’re objective and inclusive
- Assist in diversity recruitment efforts by implementing partnerships with the respective companies
- Partner with executives to develop DE&I goals in all pillars of the strategic framework and drive the initiatives to ensure accountability and drive transparency internally and externally in alignment
- Evaluate DE&I efforts by assessing the achievement of annual plan goals, identifying areas for improvement, and directing future progress; calculate the quantifiable benefit or return on investment of DE&I work
- Bring subject matter expertise in DE&I to develop comprehensive communication strategies that identify and leverage macro trends to inform LP’s narrative and positioning both internally and externally as a great place to work
- Partner with the head of Expert Engineering and Legal Policy to establish key metrics, a scorecard and an annual DE&I report; leverage data to generate insights and translate into actions that support our DE&I goals and drive transparency and accountability across all levels of the business
- Partner with executives across the organization to provide thought-leadership focused on developing innovative programs and initiatives to advance LP’s inclusion and diversity strategy and enhance the employee experience across all facets of the employee life cycle
- Align outputs to inclusion learning requirements and ultimately the business requirements to help employees experience success on the job, to aid teams achieve high performance working across lines of difference, and managers to lead inclusively within each organization and function.
- Work with our People and Legal teams to stay compliant with EEOC regulations
Who you are:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- You are an Expert: Minimum 7+ years of Data Science Experience with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy and initiatives. Experience in high-growth, technology companies is a plus. Diversity certification and/or coursework is a plus
- You are Data-Driven: You believe having data can inform better business solutions. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up
- You believe in the power of data to unlock predictive insights or create a product
- You are a Systems Thinker: You have an ability to innovate and engage leaders and employees by implementing processes for better business practices
- You can build systems to manage and monitor current state and progress of gender and diversity at LivePerson
- You have experience in building measurable analytics programs and custom platforms for business units and senior leaders.
- You identify and develop ways for LivePerson’s Conversational AI to improve on any gender and diversity issues
- You are AI and Automation forward
- You are a strong team player: You connect well with employees and understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. You are able to proactively create and maintain relationships with diverse people, groups, and communities across all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and generations
- You have a Global mindset & understanding of diversity within various global cultures; knowledge of global diversity
- You show exceptional compassion, vulnerability and empathy when working with team members, employees at all levels and external stakeholders
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits plus flexible time off and free lunch on fridays. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.