L&D Coordinator (to join the Group L&D Team)
City of London
9-12 month FTC (possibility of temp-perm)
A leading, independently owned, financial and professional services group, we have been looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families and businesses for more than a century.
From the London office we provide the full range of our services: audit, financial due diligence, valuations, business advisory services, banking, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
Purpose of role:
Scheduling all Professional Services L&D courses, co-ordinating the bookings process with internal training contacts, monitoring bookings, sending out joining instructions and course evaluation forms.
Training Programmes Co-Ordination
- Organise room bookings, equipment and refreshment requirements for training.
- Support course presenters by printing required material for all courses, arranging briefing meetings with facilitators and organising exercises as agreed with the presenter.
- Ensure sufficient stationery supplies are in stock for use on courses.
- Project management of Professional Services Induction week including welcome emails to trainees, signing up trainees to their Professional Body and Apprenticeship and organising internal and external speakers.
- Source external training venues when required, ensure we are getting the best price and liaise with external venue regarding the requirements for courses.
- Liaise with external training providers for in-house courses/workshops
- First point of contact for all professional services training queries.
- Liaison with tuition provider and contact for all professional qualification queries.
- Co-ordinate Professional Services trainees study and exam bookings as per agreed paths and policies.
- Upload trainee progress reports to yammer.
- Co-ordinate exam results including, liaison with training contacts and HR.
- Monthly exam results report to Group L&D.
- Monitor completion of ICAEW training records.
- Upload details of training to staff CPD records
- Create, update and amend PowerPoint slides,
- Create word documents (usually forms for intranet sites or handouts for courses)
- Diary management for L&D Director.
- Printing and Scanning, expenses, booking meetings and travel and hotel arrangements for L&D team.
- Process Invoices for payment.
- Ad-hoc updates to intranet sites when required.
- Training Budget - Update training budget for actual costs on a monthly basis and investigate variances.
- Manage the professional services L&D secondment process
- Organise regional L&D team visits
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in a professional working environment
- Administration and training coordination experience
- Detailed knowledge of Office packages
- Ability to work in a busy and pressurised environment
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Use of IT:
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office packages to be able to produce documents in an efficient and professional manner.
- Planning and organising:
- Ability to forward plan and organise tasks to meet deadlines
- Problem solving:
- Should be able to deal with problems as they arise
- Team work:
- To work well in a team - flexibility and willingness to help out team members
- Ability to deal effectively and politely with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good grammatical skills in order to be able to produce documents accurately and with good spelling
- Knowing how to deal with problems which arise knowing when to ask advice of the team