HR Business Partner
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £55000 - £60000 per annum
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A very exciting HRBP opportunity is now available within a Financial Services business. The business H/Q is based in the heart of the City (where this role is based) and they have circa 600 staff in total who are both in London and throughout the UK.
The HRBP will be responsible for their own client group of circa 200 people. It will be the responsibility of the HRBP to guide, influence and coach the client group through any commercial or people based decisions with the view of achieving company goals.
The role will be generalist in nature but will be a true partner to the business and will cover - ER, Talent, Succession Planning, Mobility, Benefits, Recruitment, L&D and be able to bring fresh ideas and ways of working to the table. This is a busy role with a broad scope so it is essential that candidates have both breadth and depth to their HR experience.
The HRBP will be commercially focused, personable, credible and have a strong team ethic in order to be part of a 6 person HR function that provide a first class HR provision to the business. Successful candidates will come ideally from a Financial Services background, if not then Professional Services. Strong ER is essential as is a broad generalist background.
This role would suit candidates that are already operating at Snr Adv/Jnr BP level that are looking to step up to the next level.
- Coach and advise line managers on the management of employee related issues within their own teams and in particular provide advice on grievance, disciplinary, performance and redundancy issues
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships, ensuring consistency of approach
- Ensure all HR processes & procedures are robust, fit for purpose and comply with legislation, constantly review the relevance, accuracy and application of all HR policies and practices, create and implement processes to ensure 100% accuracy of all HR data and MI
- Support the business in all compensation matters including the annual compensation cycle.
- Champion performance management across the business providing coaching to line managers
- Lead talent and succession planning initiatives for the business
- Oversee and support recruitment needs as and when required across the business. Be instrumental in reducing recruitment costs by sourcing ways to do direct recruitment.
- Challenge and influence current ways of working to drive a positive change and work with the rest of the HR team to lead improvements across business areas
- Ad hoc projects/HR initiatives as directed
- Support and work closely with all team members
- Experience of having successfully worked within a Financial Services or Professional Services environment
- Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions that work within a commercial environment
- Solid track record in positively influencing people at all levels within an organisation
- Strong Employee Relations skills
- Confident with Microsoft Excel
- Commercial approach, and willingness to challenge
- Ability to face ambiguity and change with a positive and flexible outlook
- Proven ability to apply judgement and decision making in new situations
- Ability to build strong relationships with well developed interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a solutions orientated approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An "extra mile" attitude and approach to ensure delivery of the best results every time
- Happy to roll up sleeves and "muck in"
- Likes to challenge the status quo