HR Administration Assistant - 9-12 month FTC
Department Human Resources, HR Shared Services
Reporting Line Reports to HR Shared Services Team Leader
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
The principal responsibility is to support the delivery of a generalist HR administration service to the Firm adhering to standard processes, ensuring the service is provided in an efficient and effective manner, and in line with service level agreements. The role is a fantastic opportunity for an entry level HR Assistant to join the HR Shared Services function.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the HR Administration Assistant undertakes:
- Supports the delivery of a diverse HR administration service.
- Responds to telephone and email enquiries in a professional and timely fashion, escalating matters where
Core HR administration
- Administers HR-related documentation such as reference response and probation letters, and tracks the return of employee changes documentation, e.g. contractual variation and leaver letters.
- Scans and uploads documentation to employee's Simply AG (Oracle HR system) records, ensuring records are kept up to date at all times.
- Prepares, checks and issues all necessary documentation (hard copy and email) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updates employee records on the HR system as required, ensuring accurate data entry at all times.
- Supports the HR team as required e.g. during the annual performance review and salary review activities, assisting in the preparation of mail merge letters.
- Provides feedback to the HR Shared Services Team Leader and identifies opportunities for improvements in processes.
- Takes responsibility for completing own performance reviews in line with defined timescales, and provides upward feedback.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- HR administration experience within a professional services firm or shared services environment advantageous.
- Experience of using HR or other complex systems for data entry or reviewing records desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- An enthusiastic team player who actively contributes in a flexible and adaptable manner.
- Understands the need to maintain confidentiality of HR records.