- DLA Piper
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
Part Time HR Business Advisor (21 hrs per week)
Our success, your opportunity.
We don't follow trends. We start them. We drive change and deliver more to make a tangible difference for our clients and communities.
We've created a culture that encourages and values individual choice and opportunity, combined with inclusion and teamwork. Bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to a global business that's redefining the expectations of a law firm.
Your opportunity to succeed, please apply now.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the achievement of business and people objectives within the Firm, by providing professional, commercial and pragmatic HR advice and support. Providing a client focused service in assisting line managers and our people on HR related policies and practices.
- Provides line manager advice and guidance on HR related policies and practices
- Coaching line managers encouraging effective communication and problem resolution
- Partners with line managers to manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy to drive resolutions in line with legislation and internal policies
- Keeps HR Business Partners updated with case work activity within their practice groups/offices, highlighting risks and issues
- Supports HR Business Partners in the delivery of people projects and HR calendar activities
- Proactively identifies theme/trends arising from casework and operational activities, completes root cause analysis and develops solutions
- Monitors and reviews HR policies and processes and proposes changes where necessary, working with specialist areas and our Global Service Centre.
- Able to demonstrate stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
- Have good working knowledge of UK employment law, procedures and processes
- Proven experience in managing cases through to conclusion
- Have an understanding and experience in Human Resources Management across all core areas of HR - recruitment, reward, performance management, learning & development, talent management
- Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent) is desirable
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.