Graduate Recruitment Specialist
- Allen & Overy
- Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Recruitment Specialist to join our award winning Graduate Recruitment team in London.
The Graduate Recruitment specialist has responsibility for recruiting trainees and vacation students for the London office, and for supporting the global firm's LLM recruitment activities. It sits within the global HR function. The team has responsibility for the attraction, selection and recruitment strategies for entry-level lawyers including the marketing campaigns and our brand management at our key target schools. The firm's focus on broadening access to the legal profession is supported by the work of this part of HR.
This role will specifically support the candidate-facing work of the UK Graduate and US Corporate Finance Group, including campus events, vacation programmes, interviewing, broadening access activity and university relationships.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of our graduate recruitment diversity strategy.
- Partnering with our internal networks to ensure we are algned to the firm’s diversity strategy.
- Organise and deliver events for our inclusivity series and act as the point of expertise within the team.
- Represent A&O at external diversity events.
- Responsibility for the management and graduate recruitment strategy of 6 target universities (including sponsorship review and building sustained university relationships and internal alumni liaison)
- Organisation of and attendance at, campus events throughout the year including Careers Fairs, Presentations and Skills Workshops as the lead Allen & Overy representative
- Delivering presentations and skills workshops at both office and on campus events
- Key point of contact for external suppliers of all external advertising (hard copy and online) and consistency with our messaging
- Working alongside Graduate Recruitment Manager providing input into annual marketing campaign strategy
- Day-to-day management of 'Advertising & Sponsorship' and 'Diversity' budgets
Marketing / Technology use
- Management of the relationship with Rate My Placement.
- Accountable for the delivery of our communication campaign and ensuring this reflects our key target groups.
- Responsible for the management of sign-ups for events throughout the season, a subject matter expert for the team in marketing events they may be hosting throughout the year.
- Desire to improve processes and help drive efficiencies
- Interviewing for both vacation programmes and trainee roles
- Review of applications throughout the recruitment season to ensure consistency of selection decisions
- Delivering interview feedback to candidates
- Main point of contact for candidates with disabilities
US Corporate Finance Group
- Management and delivery of the annual summer programme and LLM recruitment
- Organising the summer programme and working in partnership with the US Group Partner.
- Ensuring call backs run smoothly and offering an exceptional recruitment service to the group.
- Advanced Delivery Graduate Programme
- Management and delivery of the annual advanced graduate delivery programme, including marketing and selection process.
- Provide support for the Graduate recruitment specialist leading on the summer and winter vacation programmes where appropriate.
- Key point of contact for all offered candidates
- Supporting the Advanced Delivery HR team to deliver the Advanced Delivery Graduate Programme induction.
- Experience of successful volume entry-level recruitment is essential, ideally within the legal sector and certainly within professional services
- Strong knowledge of the UK Graduate Recruitment market and Higher Education
- Worked on Diversity programmes and passionate about driving this forward.
- Evidence of strong university relationships in the UK would be beneficial
- Experience of graduate marketing campaigns including social media
- Interest in the broadening access agenda
- Knowledge of US junior recruitment market is desirable.
- Interest in technology and utilising new systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally and excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to build rapport with candidates quickly
- Strong time management skillsFlexibility with regard to working hours as role requires evening working and overnight stays
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.