A global professional service firm are seeking a seasoned Compensation Manager to join their global rewards team based from their London office.
The role will be responsible for supporting key businesses within the organisation. In addition to supporting global businesses in day to day rewards needs, the role will also lead or contribute to a range of projects and processes across all businesses.
- Provide consulting services to HR, lines of business, and/or executive compensation team by researching and analysing complex compensation situations and making recommendations.
- Provide advanced analysis and generate complex reports from large databases; create and manipulate complex databases to manage employee data and competitive compensation data.
- Prepare compensation proposals and/or modelling by consolidating and packaging data for leadership and develop business focused recommendations based on the analysis in order to make compensation recommendations to management and leadership.
- Conduct market pricing activities by comparing internal pay to the market using published compensation surveys; analyses total compensation practices internally as well as externally; conducts job evaluation activities including job description/coding and maintenance; prepare advanced analytics and modelling in response to requests from leadership for pertinent data; update salary structures.
- Analyse compensation plans and programs including sales incentive plans and recommend changes to ensure effectiveness.
- Understand market practices and trends for the relevant countries.
- Act as an expert resource during year-end review process by ensuring guidelines are followed, auditing data and answering questions and/or escalating issues to manager.
- Contribute to building rewards capabilities in the Region through development and delivery of education initiatives.
Key skills and experience required:
- Bachelors in Finance or related field preferred.
- Proven professional experience working in relevant function/job role.
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits principles and concepts including market pricing and compensation plan/structure design.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Excel, as well as other Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform analysis on large amounts of data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Experience with sales incentive plans, management and evaluation (is desired).
- Experience with Workday (is desired).
- Experience with survey participation, market pricing, job evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Must be a collaborative self-starter.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Consulting approach and ability to work on multiple priorities.