Employee Relations Specialist
This is a great opportunity for someone who is immediately available, and happy to work in Romford (with travel) on a 3 months temporary role with potential for extension, as an Employee Relations Specialist.
The client is a multinational Utilities business with offices based nationally. This position is based in Romford with travel roughly 1-2 times week
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- Coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies
- Proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- Foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at the local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Relationship Managers within the designated contract areas on a range of people and organisational matters.
- Have oversight of absence management in the designated area and to work with senior managers to reduce absence levels in the designated contract areas.
- Work flexibly across the region as required supporting colleagues on projects and work activity.
Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification. Chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development.
Previous experience in an HR Generalist or ER role within an unionised and regulated environment.
Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
Strong attention to detail, problem-solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
Experience of mediating disputes and bringing matters to a positive conclusion.
Previous experience of advising and guiding senior stakeholders on a range of people matters in a comparable work environment.
A competitive salary, to start immediately with great benefits.