Senior HR & Engagement Advisor
Supporting senior colleagues on both the HR generalist and Engagement and Change teams, the successful candidate will deliver high quality, expert HR advice and partnering with managers to drive employee engagement and the organisation's employer brand.
Our client is a global education business headquartered in London
The role will hold dual responsibility for providing high-level advice to managers, as well as driving employee engagement across the organisation:
● Provide practical advice and support to managers in dealing with the full scope of employee relations issues including absence management, probation, performance, conduct, capability, redundancy & grievance
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates,
evolving case law and people management best practices.
● Contribute to the development, enhancement and ongoing maintenance of HR policies
● Create and deliver essential HR processes training to our managers and identify other
opportunities to improve awareness and understanding of HR policies and procedures,
delivering training, webinars and producing guidance sheets.
● Support the development and redesign of the organisation's intranet, ensuring that it is fully utilised as a key employee engagement tool and that it fits the company brand and culture
● Support activities relating to embedding the organisation's purpose and brand framework and how teams contribute to the achievement of the vision and goals.
● Build a strong connection to company goals by supporting managers in the
development of Team Goals, KPI, individual objectives and performance management.
● Support all aspects of the annual Employee Engagement Survey including liaison with
survey organisers, interpretation of results and supporting managers with local
cascades and action planning.
● Contribute to the delivery of our employee equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI)
● Manage the company nominations/awards.
● Support the development of employer brand initiatives including: CSR, employee benefits, recruitment, induction, recognition schemes,
management and leadership development.
● Provide ad hoc internal change/engagement business partner support to managers,
functional and cross functional teams.
● Deputise for, and represent the HR Manager/Engagement & Change Manager as required
● Significant experience of providing HR support on the management of complex cases
● Offers sound judgement underpinned by detailed knowledge and practical experience
of employment law, engagement tools and best practice.
● Has strong listening and communication (verbal/written) skills
● Manages multiple responsibilities and competing priorities effectively
● Establishes and maintains strong relationships and works effectively at all levels of the
● Self-sufficient and proactive in identifying opportunities to drive the agenda forward.
● Takes on new information and quickly establishes credibility with stakeholders.
● Has recent experience of using an intranet platform as an engagement tool.
● Experienced in using Excel to interrogate complex data.
● Understands change management methodologies and practices.
● Can take complex data/large volumes of detail and translate into easily understandable
and actionable information.
Permanent Contract, ASAP start, salary c.£45-50k dependent on experience and excellent benefits