Employee Relations Manager
This is a brand new permanent role in the team, where you will be responsible for the identification and development of an Employee Relations Strategy and Service across the University.
Helping our colleagues grasp their potential, realise their ambitions and exceed expectations is what drives our Human Resources team. We work collaboratively to create the ideal environment for our colleagues to be exceptional and to deliver the sort of experience our students both deserve and expect. Working as the trusted voice of HR across the university, the team is encouraged to deliver innovative approaches with lasting impacts.
- Manage and oversee Trade Union consultation and negotiations, such as any changes to terms and conditions of employment, management of disputes and strike action ensuring business continuity and minimising impact and damage of reputation.
- Manage the University’s relationship with external bodies in respect of employee relations, including tribunal services and ACAS
- Develop policies, processes and procedures and oversee the management of complex case work where required (including tribunal claims)
- Oversee the collaborative design, development and implementation of strategies and frameworks
- Use robust and effective analysis of information to inform strategic objectives in relation to Employee Relations activity, and provide effective guidance and advice to the HR and OD Directorate, the legal directorate, and senior stakeholders.
We are looking for a highly experienced HR professional, who has an awareness of the opportunities and challenges within HE. You need to have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build trust with partners across the organisation and be able to talk credibly with senior customers and operational colleagues. You’ll have experience acting as a change agent, with a track record of dealing with a significant level of casework, working in a supportive way to make organisational change happen.
Working at MMU
Manchester Met is a great place to work, and you will be part of a great team. We are ambitious for ourselves and our staff; and we recognise the key contribution our colleagues make by Staff being one of our four strategic priorities.
In addition to a great working environment you’ll have access to the University facilities including sport, library and wide range of benefits including health and wellbeing support.
We offer a competitive salary alongside an industry beating pension scheme. We also offer generous holiday packages which include 35 days per year holiday, plus Christmas shutdown, plus bank holidays.
If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and covering letter via our application portal.
Naturally, you will have questions, about our standing, our strategy, the role itself and the benefits on offer, please contact Pam Flynn (Deputy Director of HR and OD) on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' link on Changeboard.