Senior HR Business Partner (12mth FTC)
- £Competitive + bens
- Employee Relations, HR Business Partner, Reward, Talent Management
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
- Contract, Interim
The Senior HRBP is a strategic partner and recognised expert, providing consultation on HR issues across the organisation partnering with senior business leadership and employees. The role will support the Head of HR on developing people related strategy. The role may oversee the activities of HRBP’s and/or HR Generalists.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Participates as an active member of a Market, Regional or Global geography/business leadership group delivering advice and consultation on people-related issues
- Participates as an active member of the leadership team of the business or function and provide consultation on all people related activities to contribute the execution of its business plan
- Deliver a program of HR interventions supporting both the business plan and any higher level HR strategy - use workforce planning analytics to support and inform recommendations as necessary
- Support HR change initiatives either stand-alone or as part of a broader program as required; lead smaller change activities across the UK or for specific client groups
- Develops methods for change management by providing guidance to managers and employees during organizational changes
- Execute actions resulting from organisation re-design in anticipation of evolution in the business as a result of changing client expectations and requirements
- Build contacts across the market to ensure clients have market intelligence to inform critical decision-making
Reward and recognition
- Operationalise reward strategy for client businesses ensuring clear linkages between reward and recognition and performance, contribution and long-term potential
- Installs best in class attraction/retention strategies for the business/geography in partnership with the Centre of Expertise
- Partners with the Reward Centre of Expertise to implement performance management processes, salary reviews and year-end processes, including assistance with job matching for salary survey participation, advising leadership on how to administer budget according to group guidelines, addressing ad hoc pay issues throughout the year
- Evaluates the talent management strategy to support employee engagement by assessing training needs, guiding leaders through talent review and succession planning process, executive and leadership development, performance management, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Engage with clients to ensure action plans are developed and executed to improve collaboration with the business
- Provide advice and support to client groups, ensuring compliance to all HR related legislative requirements and internal governance, including preparing/vetting materials and leading discussions between affected employees and supervisors.
- Advise clients on all matters of talent acquisition, retention, reward and recognition
- Facilitate / lead training events, covering HR/People related issues, as appropriate
- Manage individual and collective employee relations issues to a successful conclusion with minimal operational, reputational or financial risk:
- Represent business in employee consultation or representation forums (where relevant)
- Participates in other various HR Practices including hiring, disciplining and dismissal of employees, conducting performance evaluations, career development discussions for team members, approving salary and bonus actions, and ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Review and analyse data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee performance, retention, and employee engagement
- Use relevant MI to identify themes and trends, making recommendations as appropriate
Projects and Operational Effectiveness
- Supports with the co-ordination and development of HRBP’s and HR Generalist
- Support to colleagues across HR to ensuring efficient and effective management of HR transactions
- Executes special projects as Project Manager or participate within a project team
- Proven progressive HR experience; consulting experience a plus
- CIPD qualified preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; HRIS/Workday experience a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate independent judgment and decision making capabilities
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour under pressure and effectively work with employees at all levels while maintaining a keen sense of urgency and commitment to providing exceptional service to employees
- Understands global policies and procedures and has the ability to implement effectively at the Regional Level
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organisations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organisations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients
Marsh offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' link on Changeboard.